Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Houston made us proud this weekend. Hopefully the Texans do the same sometime soon. Highly unlikely but you never know.
As a Cowboy fan, all the Texans need honestly is a QB. Your defense is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 12:48 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Houston made us proud this weekend. Hopefully the Texans do the same sometime soon. Highly unlikely but you never know.
This was supposed to be the year. A Texans v. Cowboys SB in Houston would have been epic. Boring to watch the Texans play but a dream matchup nonetheless.

Still glad them Dusty Birds didn't take it.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:57 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Angry Wha?

N* PLEASE! 'Always some idiot who has to mar what would otherwise have been a great event... not only does this mar Houston, but our great state of Texas!

Texas Rangers joining hunt for Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey - Houston Chronicle

Uhhhh, I'll bid $100.

Just kidding.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:57 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,150 times
[quote=radiolibre99;47099664]Apparently celebs came out in Houston hosting charity events at private soirées all over town. It's funny there was a time when A list celebs used to party at clubs, now they just attend private parties at millionaires homes but I digress. Houston was the real super star here cus I've never seen this city quite like this. It felt as though Houston arrived.[/QUOTE]

That's how it felt after the last superbowl. Hopefully, the feeling is sustained this time.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:17 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
[quote=marcopolo2000;47101478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Apparently celebs came out in Houston hosting charity events at private soirées all over town. It's funny there was a time when A list celebs used to party at clubs, now they just attend private parties at millionaires homes but I digress. Houston was the real super star here cus I've never seen this city quite like this. It felt as though Houston arrived.[/QUOTE]

That's how it felt after the last superbowl. Hopefully, the feeling is sustained this time.
Yeah, last time I remember the hype around J-LO and P. Diddy attending some club in downtown. Those were the days when A list celebs would frequent clubs but now they just hide out in mansions. LOL.

But this seems as though it was done bigger and better. Way more hype. Way better delivery from the CoH.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,884,730 times
I just got finished reading a bunch of reviews by the press all over the country, including the nice writeup by the Chicago media. I saw one that was sarcastic and insulting, written by the New York times, which I saw as jealousy on their part. But the other reviews were very positive.

That's funny about the Fox pre-game thing with cattle in the background. Some Americans will never get past stereotypes. It reflects poorly on them.

I wonder if many visitors got to see Uptown. Uptown is extremely impressive visually, although the downtown and midtown partying was probably what people really wanted.

The game itself was incredible, probably the best Super Bowl ever played. The half time show was great, too, with its message of inclusion of all people, which is what Houston is all about.

I'm still unhappily not living in Houston, but announced to my friends and associates last week that I'm getting things ready to make the move to Houston by mid 2018. Haven't lived there in 41 years and can't wait to get back.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:14 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Post the link to The NY Times article. We need a good laugh.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 PM

26 posts, read 59,356 times
Houston def came out looking good on (almost) all of the FOX pregame coverage. We'll drop the DALLAS skyline in the Wade Phillips video and the Longhorns imagery during the game. Other than that, FOX really did made Houston look good. Glittering nighttime aerial views of downtown never hurt either.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:19 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Congrats Houston on a great job hosting the Super Bowl.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,002 times
Agree w all the comments. Fantastic job by the city. Got there Thursday and left Saturday. Lots of electricity w all the festivities happening & at the same time not feeling cramped. Besides some street closures, traffic congestion seemed normal to me. Houston easily accommodated all the locals and visitors. Great job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston