Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 12:30 AM

627 posts, read 1,621,107 times

Advertisements

How are those area? If the area is not so safe, what if it's manned gated? Any good shops, restaurants, entertainments, etc. nearby?

By the way, does the landfill effect these two areas or is it far enough that it won't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Is anyone in here familiar with these two locations?

Here is where Country Place is Located: 914 W Primrose Meadows Cir, Pearland, TX 77584-2046 - Country Place Pearland

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM

By the way, both of these places are located in similiar location. How is the commute to downtown during rush hours? 30 minutes?

Old 03-06-2008, 04:05 PM

No one has an opinion?

Old 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
They are decent areas - in Pearland near Silverlake. Wouldn't do Southdown. At one time Country Place was for residents 55+ but that may have changed or they expanded it. It is right off of 288 with all the nearby shopping and retail. Traffic can get congested in those shopping areas. Traffic into downtown can sometimes get to a crawl but people keep moving out there and seem to like it due to its close proximity to downtown, med center etc. I grew up in Pearland so I don't necessarily care for that 288/518 area because it is too commercial and too congested. I also don't care for any neighborhood (even if excellent) that is right off of a major freeway - I think it is too easy access for criminals - commit the crime and hop onto the freeway and be gone. But that is just my personal opinion -- not sure how people who actually live in that area currently feel about living that close to the freeway -- comments from 288/518 area residents?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,863 times
I have just moved to the Pland area, I moved from the Heights in Houston. I bought a house in the Southdown area and so far love it. I drove to the area all times of the day and night, week days and weekends to see the area and to see if there were people walking around, other than exercising. I always left feeling that is was a great area and a homey feel. I see people use the tennis courts all times and at night. I do think it is on a rise, there are many new homes going up all around the area some are even gated. I call them shoulder neighborhoods. They are priced so high it is driving middle income buyers to Southdown. Many of the homes are being bought by flippers and being remolded. The poster before me used to live in the old Pearland area and I think is giving old info. She should state when the last time she was there. I did ask a Pearland cop about Southdown on one of my night drivethroughs of the area of Southdown. He told me it is a safe area and that really the only crimes are a few car breakins.

Drive time, I work in downtown Houston and from garage door to office parking lot it takes 20-25 minutes in the A.M, and that is having to arrive by 8:30 and the afternoon drive time is right at 30 minutes.

All in all it is a great, nice place to live. I do however feel a little unsafe in the Wal-Mart parking lot at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: