U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM
 
111 posts, read 101,953 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Okay. Are you going to discuss these things in a civil and mature manner, or are you just going to be insulting and suggest everyone here is crazy because we disagree?
I'm suggesting ya'll are crazy bc ya'll are trying to argue someone down about their opinion on the internet lmao! Y'all have been taking things out of context and been being argumentative bc ya'll disagree with a statement I made to OP, not the other way around. It may be time for you to log off

 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
13,349 posts, read 14,193,908 times
Reputation: 4969
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
I'm suggesting ya'll are crazy bc ya'll are trying to argue someone down about their opinion on the internet lmao! Y'all have been taking things out of context and been being argumentative bc ya'll disagree with a statement I made to OP, not the other way around. It may be time for you to log off
We are not arguing with your opinion. We are discussing them. That is why this a discussion board. Don't like it? Maybe you shouldn't spew your opinions on a board full of people that is quick to discuss other peoples opinion. Your problem is that you are using your opinion as fact and you are having a hard time understanding us not accecpting because you're not fully telling the truth. You also need thicker skin. Sorry. Hardly anyone is insulting you.

Last edited by Spade; 07-13-2011 at 09:33 PM..
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
13,349 posts, read 14,193,908 times
Reputation: 4969
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
There was no assertion, I said it felt like that to ME. Maybe not to Htown, maybe not to Spade, but to ME,a person who has lived in both cities and has no bias to either. Atlanta itself barring suburbs is not spread out and far from country. Have you compared the downtowns?

Lmao @ "repeat to us" like you are my momma or something. I guess wherer I messed up was even responding in the first place to ppl that are angry bc I said IMO Houston is countrier than Atl. You don't like my opinion disregard it bc I didn't post it for you anyway.
I respectfully asked if you could repeat something that i may gave missed. If you didnt want to, fine. But don't act like to wrestle something out if you. That's childish.

Yes there was an assertion. You said Houston was spread out with a country vibe. A quote I disagree with except the spread out part. But the thing is, you're making it out like Atlanta is built up like NYC when in fact, its not. Atlanta us no different than Houston in how it developed into a major city. Atlanta is MORE spread out than Houston. That is all Htown was telling you. And I do have experience with Atlanta. Neither city is country it more countries than the other.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
13,349 posts, read 14,193,908 times
Reputation: 4969
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
The only time Diddy, Drake, Nelly or anyone is there is for a concert or some random event like I mentioned earlier. When it's regular club night, trash.

You seem to live in the headlines. Anybody can google and find something to support an argument. Just as easy as you find one that states Houston has the best restaurants, I could find one that states the opposite. The funny thing is that both are opinions, but you will only argue against the one that doesn't suit your view.

Regardless of all the links you post, I will continue to feel the way I do and OP will understand once they move here.
And see that last sentence is why we are taking issues with your posts so far. What makes you think his view will be the same as yours. Don't assume that his experience will mirror yours.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM
 
Location: At the Root
717 posts, read 166,466 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Yes, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy just to party with him. Besides, Bill Gates $>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diddy $
I don't think you got the joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
We are not arguing with your opinion. We are discussing them. That is why this a discussion board. Don't like it? Maybe you shouldn't spew your opinions on a board full of people that is quick to discuss other peoples opinion. Your problem is that you are using your opinion as fact and you are having a hard time understanding us not accecpting because you're not fully telling the truth. You also need thicker skin. Sorry. Hardly anyone is insulting you.
Seriously. Don't join a discussion board if you can't handle the discussion.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,101,336 times
Reputation: 6647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I don't think you got the joke.

Seriously. Don't join a discussion board if you can't handle the discussion.
I did; I just took it literally.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
 
Location: At the Root
717 posts, read 166,466 times
Reputation: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I did; I just took it literally.
You're not really supposed to do that.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,101,336 times
Reputation: 6647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
You're not really supposed to do that.
Rules are meant to be broken.
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 PM
 
10,177 posts, read 10,137,821 times
Reputation: 2124
Let's get back on topic now!
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 15,505,832 times
Reputation: 7254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Let's get back on topic now!
yeah that guy has been trolling bad, I think we should all ignore him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top