U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 AM

18,516 posts, read 16,177,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRGINIABARTLETT View Post
It is the truth doe..houston is givin all the jobs to the mexicans and leavin us blacks dry..i know wat im talkin about about bein here 26 years is a mess....i want out of houston and tx...u digg
need help buying a ticket?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 AM

10,261 posts, read 10,542,115 times
Troll...........

It's just amazing how Houston's premiere county is larger than Gwinnett, Fulton, Cobb, Clayton, and DeKalb mixed together. Also, the bulk of Atlanta's black population is within those counties just as Houston's being in Harris County. I think this is kind of neat if you ask me.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 AM

15,831 posts, read 19,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
No no way at all you guys. Houston will be a large Hispanic market regardless, but as a race (blacks), too many of us still have those OLD stereotypes about Texas (Houston). Aside from marketing itself as a Hispanic mecca or an Asian mecca, I think that Houston should market more to blacks as well. That's all I'm saying. I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm not being clear.
So Houston should market to stupidity??? The people who need to know about us know.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:34 AM

LOL! NO! Nevermind. I know what I'm trying to say, but it's not coming out right. People are taking what I'm saying and twisting it up.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
So Houston should market to stupidity??? The people who need to know about us know.
Basically, I feel that Houston should market itself so blacks can know more about it, IMO. It shouldn't do what Atlanta did because from its marketing blacks are what really had Atlanta's population growing. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Also, it's kind of weird that I've read posts from some of you guys saying that blacks from various places visit Houston with a negative view, but once they get a good grasp of the area, they love it. I still feel like blacks (we are a funny group of people. ) and other races think Texas is a cowboy haven. If Houston was to market itself a little more to outside black communities, I think many blacks won't view Houston and Texas in a "cowboy" manner.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM

111 posts, read 106,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, now everyone knows that you know very little about Houston.

River oaks is between Westheimer and Richmond?? lol no wonder you are describing Houston opposite from what it really is. You are all turned about. River Oaks is North of Westheimer backing up to Buffalo, not towards Richmond at all. All those businesses in Upper Kirby that call themselves River Oaks this and that are not in River Oaks at all.

Tell me, when you were in Greenway Plaza did you think you were in Downtown?? Do you confuse Greenspoint Mall with the Galleria.

You started out the thread with about 25% credibility, it dropped the more you spoke, after that post you are hitting negatives
I corrected my post long time ago...I meant Royal Oaks.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 AM

111 posts, read 106,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
People should know better by now than to go just by city limits. Metro Atlanta is 5 million plus and Houston is around 6 million. The difference between the two is really just several hundred thousand Mexicans (lol)
Pretty much.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM

153 posts, read 325,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
People should know better by now than to go just by city limits. Metro Atlanta is 5 million plus and Houston is around 6 million. The difference between the two is really just several hundred thousand Mexicans (lol)

Ha Ha. You forgot the half a million illegals too!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 AM

88 posts, read 73,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yes, it seems that way.
That's an interesting interpretation, Oildog.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 AM

153 posts, read 325,403 times
I understand why Houstonions want to downplay Houston's alleged "countryness" but lets be real for a second. Houston in my opinion is the countriest large city in the Unites States(especially in the black communities), and to say it is not country at all is more than a fabrication.

Lets take a drive thru the southside of Houston TX for a minute. Fly to Hobby and take a left on Airport and drive the 15-20minute drive it takes to get to 288. You will see country sh*t on the way that includes LARGE fields of grass with HAY, cattle, horses, dope fiends, vacant shot- gun houses, 5th wheels sitting behind cars, ect..If you are lucky and come thru on a Sunday you might get to see a trail ride(group of people riding horses, dranking, smoking) going down Martin Luther KIng stopping traffic. You dont see this in many large cities and this is why I LOVE HOuston. What is wrong with being country anyway and why did that become such a negative term that no one wants to be associated with. People have so many issues.

This does not reflect ALL of HOuston but anyone from Houston that tells you it does not exist is either lying or never been thru those black communities, but trust it there and is what truly makes HOuston UNIQUE to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston