Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 09:07 PM

75 posts, read 202,953 times

Advertisements

Thanks, hun. I guess the other huns are talking amongst themselves. HA!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 PM

209 posts, read 524,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
Wow! So humbe isd has become open to any school? I never new this. But i guess they have changed

Humble- Once was the cream of the crop. After Atascocita was completed it went downhill really fast. But Humble isd has given this school a very good amount of attention. The high school has changed real quick. If you do chose to live in summerwood, this will not be a best choice because of distance.

Atascocita- This is a very good school as well. Summerwood/Fall creek use to be zone to it. {since moved to summer creek high school] Its a typical suburban school. High academically as well. After Kingwood High, this is the best option for high school

Summercreek High School - the newest high school in humble isd. It has a very diverse population as the other poster stated. I would recommend this high school if you move to the summerwood/fall creek area. It is close proximity to summerwood [just outside the entrance]

Personally, Info on Summerwood

Summerwood is a very great community, I love the feel and the planning of it, Summerwood has changed when I first moved from it. The community is becoming more self sufficient. It has constructed an HEB [publix of Houston] in the community. The neighborhood has its own elementary [one of the top in the district], daycare, middle school [serve fall creek/surrounding areas]. As far as education goes, the community is on top of their game. The community also holds events and celebrations. The have constructed other business as well, a gas station, mcdonalds, etc.

As Far as the community fees-->they are high but manageable. Crime is overall low. You have proxmity to beltway 8 [access to the rest of houston] and fm 1960 --->super target, wal mart,
resturants, and so on

Also since they have finished the beltway, it makes traffic more smoother. Im glad you moved here when they did it though because it would have been traffic hell.

Personally It was a choice between fall creek/summerwood, Fall creek didn't have that feel as summerwood though. It was not as concentrated as summerwood

But fall creek is a verry vveeerryy nnniiicceee neighborhood though
as of 2009 they opened the high schools up. The only school you can't transfer to is Atascocita.

Humble High school was never bad, it was mismanaged from a media standpoint. When Atascocita was built, the school district split it from Humble high school in such a manner that it created a culture at Humble high school the administration wasn't familiar with. It became the first Minority Majority school, and the first heavily economically disadvantaged school in the district. HISD quickly made some adjustments not realizing the affects of the culture would have on the student body...and since the school has rebounded to its previous form. It is a very very good school. And probably one of the best schools for Black and Hispanic students on the North side of town.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM

131 posts, read 172,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM398 View Post
as of 2009 they opened the high schools up. The only school you can't transfer to is Atascocita.

Humble High school was never bad, it was mismanaged from a media standpoint. When Atascocita was built, the school district split it from Humble high school in such a manner that it created a culture at Humble high school the administration wasn't familiar with. It became the first Minority Majority school, and the first heavily economically disadvantaged school in the district. HISD quickly made some adjustments not realizing the affects of the culture would have on the student body...and since the school has rebounded to its previous form. It is a very very good school. And probably one of the best schools for Black and Hispanic students on the North side of town.
This is good information. I'm glad they changed around my old school

its now recognized right??

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
A lot of bias goes within those rankings.
Lol says who, man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've always thought of CAU on the same level as TSU and PV. Nothing is impressive about it.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The thing about CAU is that it's a part of the AUC. Clark students are within a close network with Morehouse and Spelman students. We have nothing like that here.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Lol says who, man?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. The thing about CAU is that it's a part of the AUC. Clark students are within a close network with Morehouse and Spelman students. We have nothing like that here.
Yeah, I never disagreed with the reputation of CAU. I agree with you though. However, its never struck my mind as a good university; if you catch my drift. I don't know how much it matters but students at TSU have close ties with UH students. [I know UH ain't all that, but it ain't no TSU either] lol

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 PM

112 posts, read 257,435 times
I can argue TSU is the worst of HBCU's for undergraduates. PVU is much better, because they are under the Texas A&M University System.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30236 View Post
Thanks, hun. I guess the other huns are talking amongst themselves. HA!
when you move here you are gonna have to stop calling us hun because I am the only one allowed to call people hun

Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM

Aw girl. Hee! Hee! Do you know about Cinco Ranch and Shadow Creek Ranch?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
I don't think Cinco Ranch has alot of blacks like you are wanting.

2010 Texas Census Data - San Antonio Express-News

Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM

We're just going to have to get use to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston