Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
O wow I didn't think thurgood marshall was like that.. I just remembered when it was first built. I thought it was a new school. new attitude
it is not the school that is rough, it is the damn kids who go there. Little drug dealers and gangstas

Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30236 View Post
Are there other communities that meet our criteria besides the other two beautiful communities?
I read things about Cinco Ranch on here all the time.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I don't know if alot of blacks live here or not, but it's worth a try since it's all over city-data.

Cinco Ranch by Newland Communities | Find a new home in Katy, Texas

Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM

131 posts, read 172,202 times
Wow! So humbe isd has become open to any school? I never new this. But i guess they have changed

Humble- Once was the cream of the crop. After Atascocita was completed it went downhill really fast. But Humble isd has given this school a very good amount of attention. The high school has changed real quick. If you do chose to live in summerwood, this will not be a best choice because of distance.

Atascocita- This is a very good school as well. Summerwood/Fall creek use to be zone to it. {since moved to summer creek high school] Its a typical suburban school. High academically as well. After Kingwood High, this is the best option for high school

Summercreek High School - the newest high school in humble isd. It has a very diverse population as the other poster stated. I would recommend this high school if you move to the summerwood/fall creek area. It is close proximity to summerwood [just outside the entrance]

Personally, Info on Summerwood

Summerwood is a very great community, I love the feel and the planning of it, Summerwood has changed when I first moved from it. The community is becoming more self sufficient. It has constructed an HEB [publix of Houston] in the community. The neighborhood has its own elementary [one of the top in the district], daycare, middle school [serve fall creek/surrounding areas]. As far as education goes, the community is on top of their game. The community also holds events and celebrations. The have constructed other business as well, a gas station, mcdonalds, etc.

As Far as the community fees-->they are high but manageable. Crime is overall low. You have proxmity to beltway 8 [access to the rest of houston] and fm 1960 --->super target, wal mart,
resturants, and so on

Also since they have finished the beltway, it makes traffic more smoother. Im glad you moved here when they did it though because it would have been traffic hell.

Personally It was a choice between fall creek/summerwood, Fall creek didn't have that feel as summerwood though. It was not as concentrated as summerwood

But fall creek is a verry vveeerryy nnniiicceee neighborhood though

Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Thurgood Marshall has absolutely nothing on the worst schools in Texas. It reminds me of Shoemaker High in Killeen: just a bunch of bad ass middle class black kids. Some are at risk, most probably aren't. I guess if you come from some squeaky clean crime free area then Marshall is bad, but send your kid to a North Forest ISD school if you want BAD. A district where virtually every child is disadvantaged, maybe poor, or even homeless. Where some communities are knee deep in crime and drugs.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
it is not the school that is rough, it is the damn kids who go there. Little drug dealers and gangstas
I think it was Algreen that said Clark Atlanta was above PV. I don't think so...I think we being hard on our Texas HBCU's. There is nothing wrong with TSU law school...although undergraduate program might be questionable.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 PM

75 posts, read 203,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
Wow! So humbe isd has become open to any school? I never new this. But i guess they have changed

Humble- Once was the cream of the crop. After Atascocita was completed it went downhill really fast. But Humble isd has given this school a very good amount of attention. The high school has changed real quick. If you do chose to live in summerwood, this will not be a best choice because of distance.

Atascocita- This is a very good school as well. Summerwood/Fall creek use to be zone to it. {since moved to summer creek high school] Its a typical suburban school. High academically as well. After Kingwood High, this is the best option for high school

Summercreek High School - the newest high school in humble isd. It has a very diverse population as the other poster stated. I would recommend this high school if you move to the summerwood/fall creek area. It is close proximity to summerwood [just outside the entrance]

Personally, Info on Summerwood

Summerwood is a very great community, I love the feel and the planning of it, Summerwood has changed when I first moved from it. The community is becoming more self sufficient. It has constructed an HEB [publix of Houston] in the community. The neighborhood has its own elementary [one of the top in the district], daycare, middle school [serve fall creek/surrounding areas]. As far as education goes, the community is on top of their game. The community also holds events and celebrations. The have constructed other business as well, a gas station, mcdonalds, etc.

As Far as the community fees-->they are high but manageable. Crime is overall low. You have proxmity to beltway 8 [access to the rest of houston] and fm 1960 --->super target, wal mart,
resturants, and so on

Also since they have finished the beltway, it makes traffic more smoother. Im glad you moved here when they did it though because it would have been traffic hell.

Personally It was a choice between fall creek/summerwood, Fall creek didn't have that feel as summerwood though. It was not as concentrated as summerwood

But fall creek is a verry vveeerryy nnniiicceee neighborhood though
Thanks hun! That's funny that there is a Publix of Houston. Is HEB higher, better, or what? Nothing beats Publix.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM

75 posts, read 203,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I don't know if alot of blacks live here or not, but it's worth a try since it's all over city-data.

Cinco Ranch by Newland Communities | Find a new home in Katy, Texas
Thanks hun. Those houses are nice. They have a California feel. HA! Very nice. I'm still stuck on Fall Creek. I'm not feeling Sienna Plantation. I may just have to visit in person to get a better feel of it.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:44 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I think it was Algreen that said Clark Atlanta was above PV. I don't think so...I think we being hard on our Texas HBCU's. There is nothing wrong with TSU law school...although undergraduate program might be questionable.
I'm not saying that PV and TSU are bad schools, but they usually are not ranked as high as CAU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30236 View Post
Thanks hun! That's funny that there is a Publix of Houston. Is HEB higher, better, or what? Nothing beats Publix.
Most people I've heard that have experience with both say Publix is better.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
HEB is better than Publix imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston