Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:13 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
The company will not allow it. It is a private company and it is the management decision to what flags get displayed when and for how long. My request and observation was politely declined.
Since your company doesn't let you use the American flag, nobody in this country should be able to use other flags

I'm not allowed to wear sandals or shorts at work
Should people not be allowed to wear sandals or shorts in public?

Old 06-21-2017, 06:51 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,084 times
Your examples, your reasoning, is all flawed mate and you know that. You know it and yet you're as ignorant as a naive child. You're using very childish and primitive examples. Get the big picture. I can't publicly honor my veterans and christian values and yet I have to see a LGBTQ flag at my employer in my face for almost a month? I am sure they had several queers in army and I respect them very much but yet I can't celebrate an American flag at my employer in honor of my veterans and this country, as equally as the LGBTQ one? WTF? Since when American business is now picking a side. I applaud the openness but thats about it. I don't ask for taking the LGBTQ flag down, all I am asking is for true diversity and inclusiveness. All I want of my greatly "not so diverse" employer is my god damn AMERICAN memorial and independence flag NEXT to the LGBTQ flag. I don't ask to take something down just because you're a que*er. I respect you and I support you and I embrace openness and diversity and I am very proud of being part of this great open system. But don't judge ones that is white, christian and veteran. So put it in my FACE equally with the veterans of this country. How many queers lost their life in WWI and WWII? Some and equally important like every human being. I am sure of that and we need to celebrate them all as veterans regardless of their sexual orientation. Do you actually GET IT?

Or just go watch some silly http://digg.com/video/sleepover-gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Since your company doesn't let you use the American flag, nobody in this country should be able to use other flags

I'm not allowed to wear sandals or shorts at work
Should people not be allowed to wear sandals or shorts in public?

Last edited by ethanw; 06-21-2017 at 08:00 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 09:14 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
I usually do a pretty good job at not going to that intersection and I have full control of that aspect.

What I don't have control over is when my client in my business puts it all in my face and that offends me. And that doesn't mean I am closed minded or intolerant. I have the same rights to inclusiveness and diversity just as everyone else at that place of business. The LGBTQ flags is posted there for the entire month and yet we can't have ONE American flag representing Memorial or Independence day? Something is wrong with this picture. I subscribe to your diversity and I do expect some inclusiveness in recognizing more than just the LGBTQ community. So yes that is in my FACE and I talk about big ticket items like this and not what you do on the street, at home or whatever you do. I can care less and more power to you.
It's really weird how you keep saying "in my FACE." Is your life really that miserable that you always feel so victimized? The intensity of your posts in this thread is a bit scary.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:45 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,084 times
How low :-) So you had to pick on "intensity" because you don't have the REAL answer to my "on face" challenge? What makes you think I am miserable and victimized? Because of GAY people? Com'effing'on mate. My life is actually great and I don't feel victimized at all. I can effing care less for you people just like I do for the other people I don't care for and that's a personal choice. Is my choice and I don't put it in your face. I respect you deeply but all I am saying is stay the eff outta my face and act just about normally just like everyone else in this society. I get it, you're proud and qu*eer, but you don't have to put it ALL in my face all the time just because you're proud and qu*eer. The REAL answer is that you just have to chill and enjoy life just like everyone else. I GET IT, but you can create awareness and get support without having to put it my face all the time :-) Is like with the blacks, yes I was a slave and I am gonna hold that sh*it against you white Europeans forever. MOVE on people, get over, act normally, look forward, build toward the future, stop bitc*hing about the past and putting it in our FACE every chance you get. WE GET IT. We all can move on together without making such a big deal of our past mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
It's really weird how you keep saying "in my FACE." Is your life really that miserable that you always feel so victimized? The intensity of your posts in this thread is a bit scary.

Last edited by ethanw; 06-21-2017 at 10:03 PM..

Old 06-22-2017, 04:24 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
Quote:
How low :-) So you had to pick on "intensity" because you don't have the REAL answer to my "on face" challenge? What makes you think I am miserable and victimized? Because of GAY people? Com'effing'on mate. My life is actually great and I don't feel victimized at all. I can effing care less for you people just like I do for the other people I don't care for and that's a personal choice. Is my choice and I don't put it in your face. I respect you deeply but all I am saying is stay the eff outta my face and act just about normally just like everyone else in this society. I get it, you're proud and qu*eer, but you don't have to put it ALL in my face all the time just because you're proud and qu*eer. The REAL answer is that you just have to chill and enjoy life just like everyone else. I GET IT, but you can create awareness and get support without having to put it my face all the time :-) Is like with the blacks, yes I was a slave and I am gonna hold that sh*it against you white Europeans forever. MOVE on people, get over, act normally, look forward, build toward the future, stop bitc*hing about the past and putting it in our FACE every chance you get. WE GET IT. We all can move on together without making such a big deal of our past mistakes.
Aren't you in Cancun? Chill, enjoy your vacay and save the CD posting for when you're back.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 AM

392 posts, read 316,825 times
Quote:
The company will not allow it. It is a private company and it is the management decision to what flags get displayed when and for how long. My request and observation was politely declined. Didn't want to make a stink outta of it as I have a family to feed but it sure made me think twice about true diversity and inclusiveness. I have nothing against this community, I actually respect them as much as the guy next door, is just the in your face thing that really gets to me. Other than that they're great souls that have every right to do whatever they want. Just keep it outta of my face, that's all. Too much drama

This is something that I can work with for sure http://www.city-data.com/forum/48581994-post37.html
Who do you work for? "Private" as in family owned?

Old 06-22-2017, 08:36 AM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
ethanw means "In your face" like the St. John's professional building cross that is almost on top of I-45 in downtown

Spoiler

Old 06-22-2017, 10:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
ethanw means "In your face" like the St. John's professional building cross that is almost on top of I-45 in downtown

I always enjoy seeing that cross.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:00 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
Curious, how do you feel about the display of the Confederate flag? Asking for a friend.

Listen, you're going to have to get over it. If people aren't doing anything illegal, there's nothing you can do about it. Blacks have had to see the Confederate flag throughout the South for hundreds of years. Athiests have to see religious symbology everyday. Nothing different about that than you having to see a rainbow crosswalk. Everything in this world and in this country isn't there for your benefit - some of it is there because other people find it important.

As far as it being "in your FACE" - you'll survive, trust me.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Clutch View Post
blacks have had to see the confederate flag throughout the south for hundreds of years.
300? 400? 500?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston