Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 04:22 PM

13 posts, read 17,879 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to 77386 - I noticed 2 LDS churches in the area, are there neighborhoods that are predominantly LDS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 04:54 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechero99 View Post
I'm moving to 77386 - I noticed 2 LDS churches in the area, are there neighborhoods that are predominantly LDS?
No. Certainly more than in other places in Houston, but still a small minority of the population. I'd guess less than 5% at the most. FWIW, my family and I are LDS.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
Houston is extremely blended. Almost everywhere - and certainly includes that zip.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 08-03-2017, 04:20 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,817 times
The far northwestern part of the Houston area would be a bit closer to Salt Lake City

But seriously, I never picked up that there was any particular area that was especially appealing to LDS. Of course the LDS temple is in the NW suburbs but that would have no bearing on a residential choice

Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,565 times
I'm shaking my head over this. !! I mean within a mile of my house there are two Baptist churches. Big ones. They're just a blip on my radar - I never stop to think who in my neighborhood goes to those churches. It honestly doesn't matter. Now I may think about traffic patterns but those churches are on roads I seldom use... The only time a church of any type would bother me is if it was next to my back fence. I'd want to look into the church schedule and know just how much noise is coming my way, not just parking lot noise but celebrations and parties as well as weddings and funerals. An active church is a busy one.

But I'd rather have a church than a bar. But that's me.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:43 PM

74 posts, read 86,030 times
I may be mistaken,but I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.
I think OP is looking for neighborhoods that DO have a larger LDS presence, likely because they are members of that church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I'm shaking my head over this. !! I mean within a mile of my house there are two Baptist churches. Big ones. They're just a blip on my radar - I never stop to think who in my neighborhood goes to those churches. It honestly doesn't matter. Now I may think about traffic patterns but those churches are on roads I seldom use... The only time a church of any type would bother me is if it was next to my back fence. I'd want to look into the church schedule and know just how much noise is coming my way, not just parking lot noise but celebrations and parties as well as weddings and funerals. An active church is a busy one.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:47 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,556,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post

that's some goofy commentary.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:32 PM

447 posts, read 487,647 times
Actually yes, Harmony community( and around). I know there are many LDS families. My friend choose this community because of that. She's a Mormon.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Im moving from an area that is heavily Mormon and it very hard for us to make friends and even harder for my children. Im very apprehensive about moving anywhere that has a large LDS presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston