Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,041 times

Advertisements

Like Cruz. No way can he vote against federal help, right? even though he voted against it for NY and Hurricane Sandy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 04:11 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Like Cruz. No way can he vote against federal help, right? even though he voted against it for NY and Hurricane Sandy.
Just go away.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:20 PM

403 posts, read 462,494 times
Well, Cruz's reasoning for voting against the Sandy funding was because he thought a lot of extra unneeded pork was put in the package. So, as long as that isn't added to the bill that will be put together for Harvey, he should vote for it.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:06 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,041 times
well, no, I won't go away because I think it's highly hypocritical and his changed position is relevant. It's relevant to who he is as a person. Others think the same. All bills have "pork." This one will too. I'm glad he's asking for federal help, by the way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-bind-over-aid

Cruz, Texans accused of hypocrisy on Harvey aid - POLITICO

Old 08-28-2017, 06:17 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Nothing new
Everybody hates "government giveaways" until they "hit bottom" and need help

Old 08-28-2017, 06:22 PM

403 posts, read 462,494 times
Well, I have a lot of criticisms of Ted Cruz myself but I hope you don't hold that against Houston. I don't think he represents Houston values.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Maybe someone should move this thread to the Politics forum, where debates of this kind are more apt.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
well, no, I won't go away because I think it's highly hypocritical and his changed position is relevant. It's relevant to who he is as a person. Others think the same. All bills have "pork." This one will too. I'm glad he's asking for federal help, by the way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-bind-over-aid

Cruz, Texans accused of hypocrisy on Harvey aid - POLITICO
You know the people in your link show less contempt for Cruz than you do. I just don't get why these disasters bring out the worst of the partisanship? Cruz said that he felt lawmakers were exploiting the Sandy tragedy to pack the bill with unrelated items. He didn't just say "screw NY and NJ" for his conservative values. Why do you guys always twist things to make it seem worse than it really is?

Old 08-28-2017, 06:38 PM

958 posts, read 2,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You know the people in your link show less contempt for Cruz than you do. I just don't get why these disasters bring out the worst of the partisanship? Cruz said that he felt lawmakers were exploiting the Sandy tragedy to pack the bill with unrelated items. He didn't just say "screw NY and NJ" for his conservative values. Why do you guys always twist things to make it seem worse than it really is?
Don't let the truth get in the way of a "good" story.

If I recall correctly there was more funding for non sandy related items than was earnmarked for sandy relief. These types of bills are always filled with unnecessary crap because most politician are afraid of the story that they voted "against relief funding."

Old 08-28-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorprey View Post
Don't let the truth get in the way of a "good" story.

If I recall correctly there was more funding for non sandy related items than was earnmarked for sandy relief. These types of bills are always filled with unnecessary crap because most politician are afraid of the story that they voted "against relief funding."
Exactly, and I can't believe a whole thread was made about this. People should be coming together and put politics aside, but there are some ultra partisan people who cannot do that even for a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: