Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:52 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,734,008 times

Advertisements

I was there helping out today and it was great to see so many groups of volunteers coming through and kids handing out water from their little wagons to anyone who needed. Get there super early if you want to park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 06:07 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnew View Post
Well before all settles I heard that some upstream "private" pumps were pumping "illegally" back into LID 19 which kind of explains the unusual amount of water in the LID 19 area of Riverstone. By design LID 19 should've handle just like LID 15. Both 19 and 15 got the same amount of water. Well put it this way, is not just a rumor but more of a fact. Things will come to surface soon. I won't say any names yet as I am sure they will be sued for mega millions. Is not greed, just stupid planning and regulations.
I thought Johnson Development/Riverstone bought pumps on Monday or Tuesday and told everybody they were pumping in the news they sent out.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:14 PM

39 posts, read 36,697 times
Got it wrong mate. Slowly READ your silly and uninformed statement over and over again? How can you just buy pumps in light of this disaster? Last minute? The way you make it look is like they didn't have anything going on. Reality is that the pumps they had functioned according to the specs (just like LID 15) but someone was illegally pumping their water into LID 19. They brought in 6 extra pumps just to get the water out so people can go in and recover. So yes that is "bought pumps M or T" and a big THANKS

If you're a Sugar Land resident I think you should spend some time helping. There is a great need for HELP. Be a TEXAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
I thought Johnson Development/Riverstone bought pumps on Monday or Tuesday and told everybody they were pumping in the news they sent out.

Last edited by texasnew; 09-04-2017 at 07:46 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlandbubba View Post
Yesterday, the homeowner was not very knowledgable about the process. for instance, he did not know if he should cut the Sheetrock at 2' or 4'. Is there a guidance sheet for them to follow? May be the community should hire couple of remediation experts to go from house to house for 15' check and provide guidance.
I was helping with our church in North Houston and I was told to cut at 1 foot
when I cut with my box cutter .... it was like cutting paper

Really sad, we brought it up and we were told "that's what they want, so that's what we have to do"

Old 09-06-2017, 01:37 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,234 times
Quote:
Well before all settles I heard that some upstream "private" pumps were pumping "illegally" back into LID 19 which kind of explains the unusual amount of water in the LID 19 area of Riverstone. By design LID 19 should've handle just like LID 15. Both 19 and 15 got the same amount of water. Well put it this way, is not just a rumor but more of a fact. Things will come to surface soon. I won't say any names yet as I am sure they will be sued for mega millions. Is not greed, just stupid planning and regulations.
Who? its not like it's a super secret.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:25 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Got it wrong mate. Slowly READ your silly and uninformed statement over and over again? How can you just buy pumps in light of this disaster? Last minute? The way you make it look is like they didn't have anything going on. Reality is that the pumps they had functioned according to the specs (just like LID 15) but someone was illegally pumping their water into LID 19. They brought in 6 extra pumps just to get the water out so people can go in and recover. So yes that is "bought pumps M or T" and a big THANKS

If you're a Sugar Land resident I think you should spend some time helping. There is a great need for HELP. Be a TEXAN
I couldn't agree more

Old 09-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Riverstone LIDs – Informational Meeting

The Riverstone LIDs will conduct an informational session on Monday, September 18, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at Elkins High School in the auditorium. Although we had hoped to hold the meeting this week, for the benefit of the individuals who are still working through clean up and recovery, the meeting was postponed to allow for everyone to have adequate time to make arrangements to attend the meeting.

During this meeting, we will provide an overview of the LID organization, the drainage/levee system, and the emergency response operations. We will also answer many of the questions we have received. Additional questions can be submitted to the LIDs using the “Contact Us” tab in the website by Wednesday, September 13, 2017.

This will be the first meeting to review what we know now. As we move forward, the LIDs will coordinate a complete and in-depth After Action Review (“AAR”) and will report to residents the outcome of the AAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Who? its not like it's a super secret.
Be there if you need to hear more. The AAR will take care of that

Old 09-07-2017, 04:25 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,662,559 times
Heads are going to roll at that meeting. My husband and I will both be there.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:10 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,856 times
Quote:

Why so testy Ethan. Look more like Riverstone try to save a buck.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:22 PM

I plan to be there.

ipuck Since you're so interested, please join us so you can give you some Texas love partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopoe View Post
Heads are going to roll at that meeting. My husband and I will both be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston