Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 12:54 PM

451 posts, read 1,324,200 times

Advertisements

Though, I am not an Astros fan, I want to wish congratulations to the Astros and congratulations to Houston!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,691,707 times
I'm not a sports fan, didn't watch the game, just caught bits and pieces on the local news. With that said I had no idea of the outcome last night until someone in our subdivision set off fireworks.

A well fought for and deserved win. Congratulations!

Old 11-02-2017, 02:20 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Hope some of you happy fans will attend a few games next year. And stay until the end.

It is demoralizing when there are hardly any seats filled. There were many times in the last few years when there was not 5000 people at a ballgame.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Congrats to the Houston Astros! I didn't watch any of the games (too stressful) though I'm not really a baseball person but I am so glad they finally won the World Series. They deserved it!

I got my championship shirt already!

Old 11-02-2017, 04:00 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Congrats to the Houston Astros! I didn't watch any of the games (too stressful) though I'm not really a baseball person but I am so glad they finally won the World Series. They deserved it!

I got my championship shirt already!
Houston deserves it. After all Houston went through, this is definitely a victory. BTW, I'm not from Houston. I didn't live in Ft. Worth for a few years.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
So happy for Hou Tex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-epezoK5iE

Old 11-02-2017, 06:02 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default Houston Deserves It

It's about time. As a matter of fact, it's way past time. The city of Houston had the first major league baseball team in the great state of Texas, so it is fitting that the first franchise in Texas gets that first World Series championship.

The Bayou City is seeing its best group of 25 in Astros history, but I believe it will be even better over time. These are likable people that are going to stay together, hopefully, for quite a few years to come. And the culture they have created in Downtown Houston is a vibrant one. Kudos to Jim Crane, Ed Wade, Reid Ryan, and Jeff Luhnow for helping make great things happen right here.

Astros Fever is at a fever pitch, y'all. It's buzzing. Catch that buzz!!

Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
An interesting article by Wright Thompson of ESPN Magazine who spent a few days in Houston during the World Series and traveled from one end of the city to the other visiting various bars and other establishments along the way and commenting on the heart and soul of Houston as he see's it.

Sample

FOR THE PAST two days, in yet another example of how this is the best job in the world, I wandered around Houston during Games 6 and 7. You know, checked out what the city felt like one win from its first title since Hakeem Olajuwon two decades ago. On Tuesday, when the sun started to go down, I parked outside the D&W Lounge and went inside, entering through the side door near the patio. With the first pitch in just under an hour, I sat at what clearly had been a Wendy's table in a previous incarnation, when they had those sepia gilded-age style advertisements.

Another paragraph reads,

That's Houston, where any detail can be both absolutely true and yet also so unrepresentative of the messy whole as to be a lie. It's the fourth largest city in America, but it's not a city at all, really, rather dozens of villages, an archipelago of cultures and classes and races and religions. There's Vietnamese Houston, with a monument to ARVN soldiers, like a statue of Robert E. Lee in a southern courthouse square, and Indian Houston, which has its own cricket ground. There's inner city Houston, which is suffering from a gang war that barely makes the local news, and the suburban Houston and cowboy Houston and hipster Houston and Chinese Houston.

Interesting read, check it out

As the Houston Astros win a World Series, a city celebrates with them

Old 11-04-2017, 04:20 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,442,108 times
Congrats to the Houston Astros and the city of Houston. Y'all deserve it after all your city went through with Hurricane Harvey. Although I'm an Indians fan, I felt if the Indians couldn't win it, I would want to be the Astros. Because I love seeing teams that never won before finally win it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: