Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 2,492 times

Advertisements

If you're looking for a quicker commute into Downtown, I highly recommend going to Fall Creek, The Groves, or Summerwood.
The commute time and amount of traffic isn't as bad of a drive compared to going to Sugarland.
However, if you are looking for something more developed in regards to shopping centers and restaurants, you may want to look into Sugarland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 04:31 PM

363 posts, read 557,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonview View Post
Check out the Clearlake reserves, no one ever mentions it
For good reason

Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownNearNative View Post
Please state facts and details and cut the accusations.

The OP is looking at SUBURBS. No “great” commutes to downtown from any suburb (except Fall Creek) compared to living in town (which in most cases is a tough compromise between home budget, school quality and housing quality). Sugar Land is a city with entertainment options like concerts (Smart Financial Centre, Town Centre, Sugar Land Skeeters baseball, Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land, all within driving distance that doesn’t require getting on a freeway. Fall Creek might be closer but there is not much around its surrounding area without hopping on a freeway to downtown and inner loop. Sugar Land is closer to downtown than most suburbs (Katy, The Woodlands, for example are further away).

Areas in the city of Sugar Land with the best freeway access for downtown commuters are definitely worth bringing up since after all, Sugar Land was specifically asked about in the title of this thread.
I quoted the blatant lie you posted, no need to play this game with you. Most on this forum knows I like Sugarland, and most knows I'm a straight shooter. Sugarland does not offer a better commute than Fall Creek.
FYI; the OP mentioned MPCs

Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,239,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayson60 View Post
How hard is it to get new/near new construction in Sugar Land for under $400K? We were trying to stay between $350k and $380K.
The smallest and cheapest properties in Telfair would get you that. Riverpark would get you under that, just make sure you get in city of Sugar Land. Smallest and cheapest parts of Riverstone in Sugar Land ETJ should get you that.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:41 AM

318 posts, read 337,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
For good reason
Would love to hear your thoughts on what’s wrong with Clearlake area & the clear lake reserves ?

Old 02-23-2018, 08:13 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
I've been in Clear Lake for about 14 years, as my job has taken me from Uptown to the Ship Channel to the Golden Triangle. However I personally wouldn't spend the kind of money they are asking for in The Reserve. Quiet area, and the proximity to downtown is better than most people realize, but it was built on a former brownfield and the population is aging. It is a bedroom community above all else but if NASA takes off one of these days that could change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston