Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 08:46 PM

76 posts, read 275,989 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are looking around the Tomball area and found Treeline, a new development. Can anyone give me more information on this community and its surounding areas such as school district, crime rate, etc.

Also, one of the builders, the Ashton Woods Homes - your experience/comment/if you know anything about them.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,321 times
Default Housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmycj View Post
Hi, we are looking around the Tomball area and found Treeline, a new development. Can anyone give me more information on this community and its surounding areas such as school district, crime rate, etc.

Also, one of the builders, the Ashton Woods Homes - your experience/comment/if you know anything about them.

Thanks.
Treeline is developed on the former Treeline Golf Course in Tomball, TX.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:55 AM

100 posts, read 386,672 times
hmmm...I am looking at the same community and would hope to hear more about it. Is Treeline a bad choice for a family house then?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:55 PM

407 posts, read 1,735,942 times
These homes will attend Tombal ISD. Willow creek elementary (k-4), Northpointe Int (5-6), Willow Wood jr high (7-8) and Tomball HS. The area is safe.

This area is just north of Spring-Cypress Road which is the dividing line between Willow Creek elm and Lakewood Elm. I think Lakewood is a better school. So if you can tolerate a re-sale home look in Lakewood Grove or Lakewood Forest. Personally, I think the school is worth it. There may be some new construction in Lakewood Grove.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:28 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,743 times
Treeline is the former golf course. They took great efforts to retain the old trees. The area is on the edge of the HP Corridor, which is a very solid area with terrific demographics, great schools and crime is not an issue.

From what I understand, the new Tomball ISD High School will be built nearby.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 AM

799 posts, read 3,693,017 times
Treeline will be a very nice gated community. It will have a pool, splash pad, and meeting center. HOA fees are 800.00 and the tax rate is 3.22 .
There will be 322 homes. I haven't heard any complaints about Ashton Woods homes. I believe Ryland is building there also.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:48 PM

4 posts, read 18,489 times
Hi Lvmycy and nehag
Did either of you buy at Treeline? If so which builder? Did you have any issues?
Thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 5,182 times
We loved Treeline.. my grandparents moved into the double gated section, as they didn't want to live in the same neighborhood as us.. for all the practical reasons. It seemed to offer so many wonderful family friendly amentities. These amentities were extended to me and my children as family to the resident (Caretaker). We live in Lakewood Grove, it is a more mature subdvision and we love it equally but spend quite a bit of time with my grandparents in Treeline.

We recently visited the pool and splash pad at Treeline last weekend (first time in nearly two years). The splash pad was not on the first day, second or third day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). We had to ask that it be turned on.. more than once. On Friday my sister, our children and grandfather went for a swim (10 total). On Saturday my parents came into town and there were 11 of us - minus my granfather. Sunday I went to the pool and we were asked to leave because the play date I had with 5 year olds and their mom's exceeded the guest limit of 6 - there were 8 guests. I was shocked given we were the only ones at the pool (all three days this was the case), aside from another mother and her two girls who walked in as we were gathering up. We were made to physically get out of the water (we were swimming and playing games with our girls ages 5-3).. It seemed as though the lifeguards were not wanting to do their jobs and even went so far as to "write me up" with a discipline action?? Really?? Additionally, we sat our beach chairs on the edge of the splash pad and were asked to not move any of the furniture near the water and move them back (don't we sit on these chairs soaking wet?).. never mind it was only our children playing as we talked? I gathered that perhaps residents are scared to visit the pool with lifeguards that don't take kindly to any visitors. $800+ is a lot of HOA that my grandparents pay given they don't utilize the amentities.. Side note: I have 6 children, and a husband.. if we ever intend to use the pool and are considered "guests" we will never be able to utilize the amentities as we had hoped in promoting they buy in Treeline so our children could visit and have things to do while we visit. Honestly, just so dissapointing..

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,361,770 times
Really old thread. You must have done quite the search to find an outlet!

Your post is sort of hard to follow, but I live in Treeline, and it sounds to me like the lifeguards were only following the rules set forth by the developer. We're only allowed one guest per person, not to exceed six guests.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,580 times
Hi,
Anybody can please tell me about new home of ASHTON WOOD builder at LAKES OF BELLA TERRA community/subdivision in Richmond,Texas. How about the school district and individual school?Anybody already bought house there for AW builder's house...please share your opinion because I am interested to buy their house and I have no clue about it.PLEASE....PLEASE....PLEASE....I badly want to know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston