U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 02:47 PM

17 posts, read 12,247 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am glad i found this forum as I've been having a tough time deciphering all the info on the internet. I am hoping to receive some solid, good input from this forum. Thank you in advance.

my partner of 18 years and I made life changing decision to relocate from Southern CA to Houston. We recently sold our home and are confident we'll be able to purchase a "new to us" home in Houston quickly. we anticipate our arrival will be mid-August.

As it relates to purchasing a home, we both like the older, established homes and communities. We like the suburbs and do not want to be in the inner-city. We are private, low key, and keep to ourselves. we're work alcoholics and usually have different schedules. hope this changes in TX but we'll see!

We recently visited to look at homes in The Woodlands, Spring, Cypress, Klein and many other sub-division in North Houston. We like the subdivisions in the Houston/Spring area between 249 and hwy 45 and are looking for the style/type of home that exists in these communities. We're also looking at Katy, Richmond and Sugarland.

Long story short, It's important to me to find a community that is diverse. We are respected in our community, with family and neighbors, who know us for always being outside doing yard work/maintenance, and with me keeping my trucks nice and clean, LOL! Thank you for any input you may be able to provide as it relates to diverse communities and areas for a new home!

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:14 PM

2,596 posts, read 7,048,759 times
Where will you be working ?

Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM

Jobs are not lined up before our arrival. We will hit the ground running and begin our employment search. We plan to pay cash for the home and still have a descent cushion to fall back on if needed. I know the opportunities exist in Houston and we will work hard to line up jobs.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:20 PM

I've been in the corporate environment, facilities management for 25 years. My partner has been in the retail grocer industry for 20. My goal is to land a job in the city if possible.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:27 PM

55 posts, read 19,132 times
Check the Westchase area. Nice homes and booming business area.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:43 PM

thank you, Clothahump

Old 07-17-2018, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,554 times
Katy/Cypress area is very nice...growing. The woodlands are also nice. I would recommend finding out where you will work before you buy... Houston traffic is no fun!

Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Status: "waite untill next year. It was fun while it lasted !" (set 9 days ago)

4,645 posts, read 4,482,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurMove View Post
As it relates to purchasing a home, we both like the older, established homes and communities. We like the suburbs and do not want to be in the inner-city. We are private, low key, and keep to ourselves. we're work alcoholics and usually have different schedules. hope this changes in TX but we'll see!
Houston is a very suburban city, so don't rule out areas in the city where there is a large supply of established neighborhoods that would seem to appeal to you.

Also can you tell us what you are thinking as far as a budget goes 200k, 500k or more ?

Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 PM

Ajackson129 and Jack Lance, thanks for the input.

Our current budget is max $220k.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:05 PM

1,245 posts, read 828,257 times
Word 'partner' instead of fiancee or girlfriend sounds kind of suspicious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or