Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 10,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Perhaps. But from what I can tell, people of European descent are about the only people in the world who seem to put much value in diversity or multiculturalism as an inherent good. This is makes sense as western culture is hyper-individualistic, whereas the rest of the world is oriented more towards community or the group rather than the individual.

If this issue is that important to the OP (assuming he/she isn't a troll), then the only answer is to leave Texas. There are white states like the Dakota's or Vermont. Texas is an extremely diverse state
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

In Fulshear 77.14% of the population is Caucasian.

Last edited by Yac; 07-27-2018 at 12:47 AM..

Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflighter View Post
Other people like South Asians, African Americans, Hispanics, East Asians always ask on here what part of town is best for them. Why can I not do the same?

Because you are still the majority and with 45 as the spokesperson for the country, you can pretty much do whatever and say whatever you want. Kinda like before everyone had rights so despite being around Asians, the US is your world again.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:00 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If you want to primarily be around whites then you definitely need to leave the Houston metro area and probably need to leave Texas overall. I travel the state every week, and the only lily-white areas in Texas are a handful of ultra rich enclaves.

I have no doubt people are going to give you hell for this post. But I live in an ultra-diverse neighborhood close to you and it is very difficult to foster a sense of community when there is so little shared in common. Frankly, there is also the reality that many ethnic groups tend to have little interest in socializing outside their group.

Most of my neighborhood is south Asian, African (i.e. Nigerian) or Hispanic. In my experience, south Asians have almost no interest in interacting with anyone who isn't South Asian. It's easiest to be friendly with my Hispanic neighbors because we have more in common, but there are still a few cultural differences.
Can’t blame the guy. I felt it too living in an apartment complex near Katy that was nearly all 3rd world immigrants and primitive Muslims. I now live in an eclectic neighborhood that is 90% American-born of every race. It feels good to have a common language, dress and customs.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:28 PM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Hint: they’re racist too.
But nobody would ever call them that. They offer help or just ignore it.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Hint: they’re racist too.
Nonsense. Most people who ask this kind of question aren't asking for a neighborhood that's exclusively or mostly of that ethnicity. They just want an area where they can find some of their kind to socialize. Whites are still the plurality in Sugar Land, and still out number South Asians significantly. The OP, assuming he's not trolling, is asking for a neighborhood where he doesn't have to see minorities.

I don't remember seeing any post asking for a good black or Hispanic neighborhood. It is usually someone from a small minority like Jewish, Ukrainian or Filipino.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:27 PM

502 posts, read 391,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Can’t blame the guy. I felt it too living in an apartment complex near Katy that was nearly all 3rd world immigrants and primitive Muslims. I now live in an eclectic neighborhood that is 90% American-born of every race. It feels good to have a common language, dress and customs.
Where were most of the immigrants from? And what issues did you have with them?

Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Where were most of the immigrants from? And what issues did you have with them?
Mostly middle eastern (Muslim). Making their women wear those hideous head coverings while the men wear anything they want. Loud, unruly kids.
Latinos from 3rd world- loud music, loud kids, everything loud!
Indians- nasty curry smells, and some smelled bad
People in general making no attempt to assimilate into American culture in their dress/behavior.

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 07-20-2018 at 10:42 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 10:53 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Mostly middle eastern (Muslim). Making their women wear those hideous head coverings while the men wear anything they want. Loud, unruly kids.
People in general making no attempt to assimilate into American culture in their dress/behavior.

First generations tend not to, nothing new there.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:55 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Vidor. Look for confederate flags flying.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 PM

502 posts, read 391,902 times
Quote:
Uuuuf I feel your pain, I had to live in a neighborhood that was majority Caucasian for a while and it was rough like that.

The men kept chewing tobacco all day and spitting it everywhere... It was nasty. The women just sat around all day smoking ,gossiping, and picking at their feet (weird I know)then at night everybody would get drunk and yell and fight.

Don't even get me started on the unsupervised children breaking and stealing everything.Pretty 3rd world like the neighbors you had, it was horrible, I agree with you I hate it when people don't assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston