U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2018, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
9,289 posts, read 8,403,769 times
Reputation: 5304

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep it was a pretty brazen attack. The gunman knew this doctors routine and exactly where he would be riding that morning on his way to work. Interesting how clean cut looking the gunman was. I wonder if it was another medical professional who did this?
They need to look a block or two back, tracing cameras prior to the incident to see where the perp started following.

This shouldn't be that difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Malibu, CA
147 posts, read 54,662 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
20 years ago the crime was largely confined to certain areas. Today is much more random an out town and more violent.
Houston was and is a dangerous place to live. One of the worst cities for serious crimes. Nevertheless, it is most likely this Dr was killed because of someone with a serious grievance against him or his practice. Cardiology is constantly involved with life/death issues and some ex-patient or their relatives could easily gotten the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that this Dr. malpracticed them or their loved ones, and got away with it, from a legal perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Status: "JOBS NOT MOBS!" (set 8 days ago)
 
2,891 posts, read 485,817 times
Reputation: 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer1 View Post
Houston was and is a dangerous place to live. One of the worst cities for serious crimes. Nevertheless, it is most likely this Dr was killed because of someone with a serious grievance against him or his practice. Cardiology is constantly involved with life/death issues and some ex-patient or their relatives could easily gotten the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that this Dr. malpracticed them or their loved ones, and got away with it, from a legal perspective.
But if this were the case, wouldn't it seem that the shooter would confront the doctor and make sure he knows why he is being killed? Wouldn't he want to make his anger and feelings of injustice(or whatever) known? Wouldn't emotions be running high and to do this so stealthily doesn't seem emotional. This person was trying to be inconspicuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Malibu, CA
147 posts, read 54,662 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
But if this were the case, wouldn't it seem that the shooter would confront the doctor and make sure he knows why he is being killed? Wouldn't he want to make his anger and feelings of injustice(or whatever) known? Wouldn't emotions be running high and to do this so stealthily doesn't seem emotional. This person was trying to be inconspicuous.
Not if he wanted to "get even" and get away with it, rather than making a big scene, attracting attention, going out in a hail of bullets with the cops or self-inflicted suicide afterwards. (Which some are so distraught they just don't care) But he obviously planned to do it and live on his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 08:00 PM
Status: "waite untill next year. It was fun while it lasted !" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Beautiful Northwest Houston
4,644 posts, read 4,480,463 times
Reputation: 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer1 View Post
Not if he wanted to "get even" and get away with it, rather than making a big scene, attracting attention, going out in a hail of bullets with the cops or self-inflicted suicide afterwards. (Which some are so distraught they just don't care) But he obviously planned to do it and live on his life.
If this is a revenge killing it will be much easier to solve. The Dr had a patient list and if this person was close enough to one of his patients to be that bitter, then it won't be long till they close in on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 08:47 PM
 
292 posts, read 100,165 times
Reputation: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer1 View Post
Houston was and is a dangerous place to live. One of the worst cities for serious crimes. Nevertheless, it is most likely this Dr was killed because of someone with a serious grievance against him or his practice. Cardiology is constantly involved with life/death issues and some ex-patient or their relatives could easily gotten the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that this Dr. malpracticed them or their loved ones, and got away with it, from a legal perspective.

Yes, particularly for women....most dangerous city in The US for females

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/st...ountry-8764227

Not the safest place to work, either.......

https://www.houston.culturemap.com/n...ob-death-toll/

Crime stats for Houston: Crime Statistics

I lived in a pretty high end hood (the great Uptown, Galleria/Tanglewood) and I actually experienced more crime here then during my years in a similar social/economic area of Detroit ( Birmingham/ Bloomfield Woodward Corridor) as well as living in the lower Manhattan area of NYC.

Well informed is well armed ( not literally..although not always a bad idea...) with knowledge.

It's a big city in a Border state...watch your back. That's the reality.

Do not shoot the sender...adulting is a tough gig..but knowledge is power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
9,289 posts, read 8,403,769 times
Reputation: 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
If this is a revenge killing it will be much easier to solve. The Dr had a patient list and if this person was close enough to one of his patients to be that bitter, then it won't be long till they close in on him.
I'm sure the investigators are looking into this firstly. Of course there's one patient that really jumps out that is a "big fish".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Pacific 🌉 °N, 🌄°W
9,994 posts, read 4,140,412 times
Reputation: 6334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I'm sure the investigators are looking into this firstly. Of course there's one patient that really jumps out that is a "big fish".
I'm sure the shooter had not considered that the Metro Lifts have dash cams. LOL

I've watched Forensic Files for years and the odd little things the killers forget about is what always get's them identified.

The image of the shooter and what he dressed like, his prominent nose and profile leave me no doubt he will be be caught or kill himself to avoid being caught if they are closing in on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2018, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Malibu, CA
147 posts, read 54,662 times
Reputation: 141
[Mod cut: orphaned]

It's certainly possible this was just another random, senseless, violent crime there. However, based on the appearance and behavior of the perpetrator, my experience in healthcare, and the real life of physicians who practice the high-risk specialties, where people can and do get hurt badly, and die. A revenge killing seems more likely.

Due not particularly to any bad intentions of the practicioner, rather their careless mistakes and mis-diagnoses which can have severe consequences. Many laypersons who lose a loved one that way, might not believe, or be able to handle, it was an honest mistake.

The fact he once treated Bush is likely totally irrelevant, there is no "grand political conspiracy" here, though it makes for good news.

Last edited by elnina; 07-25-2018 at 05:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2018, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Malibu, CA
147 posts, read 54,662 times
Reputation: 141
[Mod cut: orphaned]
The purpose of mentioning crime in Houston is not what YOU may think, rather as support for one possible theory that this poor Dr's murder was a random senseless criminal act. However, for the reasons I mentioned before, its more likely this was a targeted attack, not a random crime.

I am pretty sure, the investigators are poring through his entire patient lists and history, for any incidents of disgruntled patients and/or malpractice claims. This is the most likely avenue to pursue.

Actually, I think you made a good point, another possibility is a professional dispute with a colleague or disgruntled employee of his practices or the hospital staff. Could be something arising out of conflicts regarding research, eg. being cut out of credit in published papers, loss of funding due to "unfair" competition, blacklisting, etc.

Last edited by elnina; 07-25-2018 at 05:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top