U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:13 AM
bu2

9,019 posts, read 5,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiene61 View Post
Yes, particularly for women....most dangerous city in The US for females

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/st...ountry-8764227

Not the safest place to work, either.......

https://www.houston.culturemap.com/n...ob-death-toll/

Crime stats for Houston: Crime Statistics

I lived in a pretty high end hood (the great Uptown, Galleria/Tanglewood) and I actually experienced more crime here then during my years in a similar social/economic area of Detroit ( Birmingham/ Bloomfield Woodward Corridor) as well as living in the lower Manhattan area of NYC.

Well informed is well armed ( not literally..although not always a bad idea...) with knowledge.

It's a big city in a Border state...watch your back. That's the reality.

Do not shoot the sender...adulting is a tough gig..but knowledge is power.
https://bismarcktribune.com/news/nat...0bda8e.html#31

Houston not in the top 30. But your Detroit and a couple California cities like Skygazer's home made the list.
Waco at #30 the only Texas city on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 10:33 AM

10,096 posts, read 4,186,683 times
Yep to try and paint Houston as some sort of over the top violent dangerous city is laughable indeed.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:27 AM

33,713 posts, read 52,021,106 times
We all love Houston but...
https://patch.com/texas/bellaire/hou...us-cities-list

Old 07-25-2018, 11:47 AM

10,096 posts, read 4,186,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes this makes sense for one of the largest cities in the US...however the data used in this link was from 2015.

Look on the bright side in 2018!

Houston's crime rates are falling -- but not as fast as some other big cities

Houston murders drop 11 percent in 2017

Houston police chief wants more cops even as crime dips

Old 07-25-2018, 12:11 PM

1,674 posts, read 2,877,489 times
Looks like an assassination to me, a la Jason Bourne.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:37 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,895,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Looks like an assassination to me, a la Jason Bourne.
Unlikely this is the work of a pro. Why even get close, and risk being ID'd via video from a CCTV camera at the scene of the crime? And in an open carry state, what if some bystander produces a gun and starts firing at you? Use a scoped and suppressed long gun. Sure, even a shot from a suppressed long gun will sound like a loud firecracker going off. But many will simply dismiss it as a car backfiring or some random yewt lighting an m-80.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Status: "waite untill next year. It was fun while it lasted !" (set 23 days ago)

4,664 posts, read 4,509,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Unlikely this is the work of a pro. Why even get close, and risk being ID'd via video from a CCTV camera at the scene of the crime? And in an open carry state, what if some bystander produces a gun and starts firing at you? Use a scoped and suppressed long gun. Sure, even a shot from a suppressed long gun will sound like a loud firecracker going off. But many will simply dismiss it as a car backfiring or some random yewt lighting an m-80.
This guy was really well organized to be a first timer. After he shot the Dr he turned west on Southgate , look at the barriers on Southgate to keep cars from the Med Center from entering that neighborhood. That would keep any civilian vehicles from trailing him onto that street...

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7092...7i13312!8i6656

Old 07-25-2018, 04:25 PM

1,798 posts, read 989,118 times
Why would anybody kill Bush's doctor for. The only motive I could see if robbery but this case did not seem like a robbery.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,895,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
This guy was really well organized to be a first timer. After he shot the Dr he turned west on Southgate , look at the barriers on Southgate to keep cars from the Med Center from entering that neighborhood. That would keep any civilian vehicles from trailing him onto that street...

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7092...7i13312!8i6656
Which is why I suspect he's either a disgruntled former associate or a close relative of a former patient who died under the doctor's care. You don't have to be a pro to figure out all the angles - just the kind of person who does his homework. A pro, in the form of a rogue former member of an elite military branch, however, would have spent a lifetime developing and maintaining the ability to hit someone from a mile away with a scoped rifle, as well as figuring out all the ways he could get caught, given that in his profession, it's a life-and-death matter, in death penalty states like TX. A pro would have taken care to be at a significant remove from his target.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:32 PM

9,303 posts, read 8,459,213 times
They need to find out:
1. What kind of bicycle was it?
2. What's the earliest camera sighting of him.
3. What's the latest camera sighting of him.
4. Interview all the bums that normally work that area. Offer a reward for information.

They need to go to every house within a one mile radius, there has got to be somebody that saw him.

It seems Houston is a bit Keystone Cops about this, they need to up their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or