U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:16 AM

11,037 posts, read 4,785,679 times

Advertisements

I would think it would be only a single deadly shot if it were the work of a professional hit man.

Quote:
Dr. Mark Hausknecht died of three gun shot wounds to the head, torso and upper left extremity, according to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:17 AM

292 posts, read 124,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer1 View Post
[Mod cut: orphaned]
The purpose of mentioning crime in Houston is not what YOU may think, rather as support for one possible theory that this poor Dr's murder was a random senseless criminal act. However, for the reasons I mentioned before, its more likely this was a targeted attack, not a random crime.

I am pretty sure, the investigators are poring through his entire patient lists and history, for any incidents of disgruntled patients and/or malpractice claims. This is the most likely avenue to pursue.

Actually, I think you made a good point, another possibility is a professional dispute with a colleague or disgruntled employee of his practices or the hospital staff. Could be something arising out of conflicts regarding research, eg. being cut out of credit in published papers, loss of funding due to "unfair" competition, blacklisting, etc.
When I mentioned crime in Houston, it was exactly what you are suggesting.I have no interest in sensationalism on this thread. There is a high level of crime in this metroplex, which statistically renders the possibility of this being a random act. Profilers know this, and actually could use this to their advantage when reporting their supposed finding to media outlets.

I worked in the TMC for most of my years in Houston. We may never hear the correct "back story" to this saga. At least thru media sources.

Do not be one bit surprised if this case goes "cold" at least for the time being.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:20 AM

10,649 posts, read 9,345,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I would think it would be only a single deadly shot if it were the work of a professional hit man.
Yes a little sloppy, not professional hit man more like mob/mafia lower level guy.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Yes a little sloppy, not professional hit man more like mob/mafia lower level guy.
Which is why I think he will be caught soon. His looks were very distinctive and several eyewitness who were able to describe him accurately. The profile of his face shape and nose are very distinct as well as his size.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:56 AM

1,099 posts, read 371,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I've never heard of an executed murderer killing again.......
Thats not what a deterrent means. In order for the death penalty to be a deterrent, it would have to stop people from killing for fear of it. It clearly does not do that.

The death penalty is about one thing only: revenge. I dont necessarily have a problem with it, but people need to be real about why it exists.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Thats not what a deterrent means. In order for the death penalty to be a deterrent, it would have to stop people from killing for fear of it. It clearly does not do that.

The death penalty is about one thing only: revenge. I dont necessarily have a problem with it, but people need to be real about why it exists.
Retribution for a specific crime, which argues that the state has the right to impose a level of pain and punishment equal to or greater than the pain suffered by the victim, is clearly a major justification for the use of the death penalty.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:54 PM

1,099 posts, read 371,869 times
Quote:
Retribution for a specific crime, which argues that the state has the right to impose a level of pain and punishment equal to or greater than the pain suffered by the victim, is clearly a major justification for the use of the death penalty.
Lex Talionis (the eye for an eye bit) is revenge. They are the same thing.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Lex Talionis (the eye for an eye bit) is revenge. They are the same thing.
I don't see as revenge. I see it as punishment.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:57 PM

10,649 posts, read 9,345,808 times
Quote:
Which is why I think he will be caught soon. His looks were very distinctive and several eyewitness who were able to describe him accurately. The profile of his face shape and nose are very distinct as well as his size.
If Houston PD is competent then he will get caught very soon. If they are incompetent then he won't.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM

5,076 posts, read 4,913,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
If Houston PD is competent then he will get caught very soon. If they are incompetent then he won't.

The FBI is on this investigation as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or