U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2018, 08:22 AM

9,289 posts, read 8,403,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The FBI is on this investigation as well...
So then there probably is some merit to the theory that this may be related to one of his former "high profile" patients?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 08:27 AM

10,005 posts, read 4,140,412 times
Just as many of us suspected and what appears blatantly obvious.

'Highly probable' slaying of Houston doctor a targeted attack, police chief says

Old 07-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Status: "waite untill next year. It was fun while it lasted !" (set 8 days ago)

4,645 posts, read 4,480,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
So then there probably is some merit to the theory that this may be related to one of his former "high profile" patients?
Or maybe the FBI is just interested in any incident this close to a former President, or 41 has pulled some strings to help solve a high profile Houston homicide.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:26 AM

424 posts, read 479,088 times
Houston is the 4th largest city with 2.3 million in the city limits, so it's expected for the city to have crime issues. Name one major city the size of Houston that has little or no crime, I'll wait. To be honest, yes this was a high-profile execution style murder, but to use this event to paint Houston as a warzone is crazy. Given the area in which this murder happened, it's unusual for murders to happen over there.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:33 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
I know this neighborhood
Houston has lost a good doctor
He felt safe there
Who would want to harm an old guy on a bicycle
Who has done much good in the world
Not my Houston
Signed a university of Houston graduate

Old 07-27-2018, 10:40 AM

8,156 posts, read 26,416,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
but to use this event to paint Houston as a warzone is crazy...[/b]
People see this happening in gentrified areas and think it is a warzone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw3g...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-27-2018, 11:45 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,887,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Or it might be that one of the doctor's cartel clients (not in a nefarious sense - drug lords need routine medical treatment, too) died under the doctor's care, and the client's loved ones sent a foreign hitter after him. A foreign hitter's not gonna care about a Houstonian identifying him. For him, it's a strictly in-and-out (of the country) operation, and the getting out part is probably pre-arranged.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:15 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,352,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I've never heard of an executed murderer killing again.......
lol You got that right!

Old 07-27-2018, 01:26 PM

2,496 posts, read 4,352,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The death penalty is about one thing only: revenge.
This is just your opinion and you know what they say about opinions. I disagree with you. Sometimes evil needs to be removed from our world, simple as that. But that's just my opinion among the million of opinions regarding the death penalty.

As to this homicide, it is a damn shame and I always hate to hear of senseless deaths and my heart goes out to his family and friends. But all this speculation (every conceivable reason as to why and even down to civilians stating what the detectives should be doing - as if they don't know how to conduct an investigation) is just wild.

Furthermore, I realize the widow is hurt and grieving and it is a natural urge to want to strike back, but to try spin this into a political agenda ("use your vote and your voice to stem the tide of this growing public health epidemic. Write, email or tweet your Congressional Representative urging sensible gun laws. pro gun control conformation is out of line") when she is in the immediate aftermath of her husband's death strikes me as, well, I am at a loss for what word to use here to tell the truth. If her husband had been deliberately run down by a car would she be calling on voters to use their political voting powers to oust their representatives who happen to be pro automobile? Would she be advocating a movement for automobile control?

The first thought that came to my mind when reading her statement was . . we have sensible guns laws and I noticed someone else had the same thought in a following post. I wonder how long it will take for it to sink into people's brains that simply constricting or taking away a preferred weapon of choice (any preferred weapon) will not deter killers. It might momentarily slow some of them down, but it will not eliminate them. They (the killers) will persevere until they are taken out. We already have laws on top of laws, it is the enforcement of the laws we are having trouble with, not the laws themselves or the need for yet more laws.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:13 PM

464 posts, read 130,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
This is just your opinion and you know what they say about opinions. I disagree with you. Sometimes evil needs to be removed from our world, simple as that. But that's just my opinion among the million of opinions regarding the death penalty.
I can statistically back up my opinion. Thats why I have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or