Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 04:36 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Which is why I suspect he's either a disgruntled former associate or a close relative of a former patient who died under the doctor's care. You don't have to be a pro to figure out all the angles - just the kind of person who does his homework. A pro, in the form of a rogue former member of an elite military branch, however, would have spent a lifetime developing and maintaining the ability to hit someone from a mile away with a scoped rifle, as well as figuring out all the ways he could get caught, given that in his profession, it's a life-and-death matter, in death penalty states like TX. A pro would have taken care to be at a significant remove from his target.
Not necessarily. Sometimes the most obvious assault is the best option. For this doctor, he most assuredly has a well protected and alarmed residence, the pro wouldn't have a chance. At the hospital there are cameras everywhere, again the pro has no chance. Also, the windows are plexi-glass, i.e. bullet proof.

The only opportunity each day was when the doctor was on his bicycle. Due to Houston traffic, things like buses, construction trucks, etc.. could've blocked his view. This may have been his best bet. Also this allows positive ID before taking a shot.

Also, he could've been paid off by somebody else, a higher "boss".

Houston PD needs to investigate all these angles.

Something's fishy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 04:51 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no evidence that the death penalty is a deterrent.

I've never heard of an executed murderer killing again.......

Old 07-25-2018, 04:51 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,543,264 times
Quote:
For this doctor, he most assuredly has a well protected and alarmed residence, the pro wouldn't have a chance.
Against a pro, well-protected means he lives at the White House, with a retinue of bodyguards who are continuously on the lookout for sniper vantage points. Without round the clock bodyguard protection, the target's naked. Even if the hitter were enough of a risk-taker to want to do the hit up-close-and-personal, far better to hit the target at night at his home, when the lack of sunlight will obscure the hitter's face vis-a-vis CCTV cameras. The general pattern is to point a gun at the target and get him to submit, after which the target is killed with something other than a firearm so the hitter has at least hours to get away before the crime is discovered.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:00 PM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Against a pro, well-protected means he lives at the White House, with a retinue of bodyguards who are continuously on the lookout for sniper vantage points. Without round the clock bodyguard protection, the target's naked. Even if the hitter were enough of a risk-taker to want to do the hit up-close-and-personal, far better to hit the target at night at his home, when the lack of sunlight will obscure the hitter's face vis-a-vis CCTV cameras. The general pattern is to point a gun at the target and get him to submit, after which the target is killed with something other than a firearm so the hitter has at least hours to get away before the crime is discovered.

I think your conflating a Government (military) trained sniper (assassin) with a underworld hitman. Most hitmen, in popular lore anyway, use 22 caliber pistols at close range. I will be interested to find out what caliber this gun was....

Old 07-25-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There is no evidence that the death penalty is a deterrent.
I'd say it's a deterrent, but only if the odds of being executed for the crime are high. Even in TX, the odds of getting executed for a homicide are 1 in 100, so the murder rate is pretty high. In Singapore, the odds of getting executed for a homicide are 1 in 2, so the murder rate is even lower than Europe's. The Singaporean judicial system executes, commutes or acquits (including appeals) in 5 years or less from the moment of arrest, whereas our system takes 20 years. The low odds and dilatory carrying out of death sentences seriously reduce the deterrence factor

Last edited by Zhang Fei; 07-25-2018 at 05:11 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I think your conflating a Government (military) trained sniper (assassin) with a underworld hitman. Most hitmen, in popular lore anyway, use 22 caliber pistols at close range. I will be interested to find out what caliber this gun was....
The commenter I quoted mentioned Jason Bourne, who's an absurdity conjured up by Hollywood, even though people with excellent long gun skills do exist. But even a mob hitter's gonna be much more careful. Hitting a guy in broad daylight in a busy intersection with a pistol at point-blank range using a bike as a getaway vehicle - that's something a person does who's not afraid of getting caught or doesn't know any better, i.e. not a pro.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:35 PM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
The commenter I quoted mentioned Jason Bourne, who's an absurdity conjured up by Hollywood, even though people with excellent long gun skills do exist. But even a mob hitter's gonna be much more careful. Hitting a guy in broad daylight in a busy intersection with a pistol at point-blank range using a bike as a getaway vehicle - that's something a person does who's not afraid of getting caught or doesn't know any better, i.e. not a pro.

OK we'll see, if he is directly involved he will be caught fairly soon I'm sure somebody already knows who he is..

Old 07-25-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
OK we'll see, if he is directly involved he will be caught fairly soon I'm sure somebody already knows who he is..
There are two kinds of people with grudges - people who make their feelings known and others who say nothing. For the sake of the victim's loved ones who want closure, hopefully this is the former kind.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:12 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Quote:
But the pro has to break into the house that has bullet proof glass or hurricane storm windows which are also alarmed. This is summer in Houston, there are no open windows, the doctor has the A/C going, all doors locked and bolted and can't be picked unless you use a bomb on the door. There is no entry point for the sniper. CCTVs and also probably heat sensors are probably there. He wouldn't have had a chance at the house.

This wasn't a professional assassin. This was a mob/gang type hit. Did the doctor ever prescribe oxycontin etc? Maybe he cut off a patient that was addicted or who was funneling to the M3xican maf!a. You mess with them it's over for you.

Of course this is all speculation.

Last edited by cBach; 07-25-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinpa7 View Post
It's like all the "suicides" of the ones who had dirt on the Clinton's.

These people are bigger than a mafia. They are protected by the ones who own this world. Satan and the globalist "elite"

But no one questions them because most people are already brainwashed beyond help.
Someones been drinking the Alex Jones kool-aid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston