U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2018, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh N. Hills / Houston-Clear Lake
8,156 posts, read 26,416,529 times
Reputation: 4395

Advertisements

Memorial City & Baybrook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2018, 11:01 AM
fnh
 
2,032 posts, read 2,576,063 times
Reputation: 2660
I live directly between Memorial City and Willowbrook and choose Willowbrook every time. There is no discernible difference in quality or clientele and it takes an equal time to reach either one, but Memorial City and surrounding area is vastly more congested, translating into parking lot headaches etc.

Plus, we shop the Willowbrook REI regularly so can get two stops accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 11:17 AM
 
1,037 posts, read 1,229,238 times
Reputation: 965
The true test would be if someone drove past one of these malls mentioned to get to another, which is probably rare. Like most of these types of questions/polls, proximity prevails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Status: "Adios to dummyland" (set 10 minutes ago)
 
Location: Land of the Caddo and Tonkawa
3,902 posts, read 1,471,959 times
Reputation: 5449
Someone mentioned Sharpstown Mall?! Wasn't it renamed a few decades ago? Mall of Mexico or something? Whatever the name, it bears no resemblance to the mall from the 60s and 70s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 12:41 PM
 
80 posts, read 25,699 times
Reputation: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Someone mentioned Sharpstown Mall?! Wasn't it renamed a few decades ago? Mall of Mexico or something? Whatever the name, it bears no resemblance to the mall from the 60s and 70s.
That reminds me of Almeda Mall. I went all the time as a kid in the early 90s, and the demographics of the customers have definitely shifted since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 07:24 PM
 
758 posts, read 355,194 times
Reputation: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma281 View Post
Five horse race between Town and Country mall, Northwest mall, Sharpstown mall, Westwood mall and Gulfgate mall.
How dare you leave the very deserving Greenspoint out of this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,053 posts, read 1,704,115 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
How dare you leave the very deserving Greenspoint out of this!
To say nothing of San Jacinto Mall, Mall of the Mainland and Pasadena Town Square (now called Plaza Paseo I think?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2018, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Lake Spivey, Georgia
1,841 posts, read 1,252,650 times
Reputation: 1948
Not the Houston Galleria uptown? That is what this non-Houston resident from Metro Atlanta would think. I was impressed with it decades ago when I visited, and know many recent visitors that also raved about it. Has it gone down hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2018, 05:00 AM
kwr
 
89 posts, read 296,415 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Not the Houston Galleria uptown? That is what this non-Houston resident from Metro Atlanta would think. I was impressed with it decades ago when I visited, and know many recent visitors that also raved about it. Has it gone down hill.
Depends on your need. For upscale stores and restaurants, the Galleria (and nearby River Oaks District...think Phipps Plaza) are unbeatable. I imagine both malls command rents that all of the other aforementioned malls in this thread could only dream about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2018, 05:31 AM
 
Location: Willowbrook, Houston
424 posts, read 479,088 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
I live directly between Memorial City and Willowbrook and choose Willowbrook every time. There is no discernible difference in quality or clientele and it takes an equal time to reach either one, but Memorial City and surrounding area is vastly more congested, translating into parking lot headaches etc.

Plus, we shop the Willowbrook REI regularly so can get two stops accomplished.
I like Memorial City Mall as well. You live in a good location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top