U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 346,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I can understand why they would serve sessions but the tweet seemed like a bad business decision.
That’s what I think as well. It would have been better for the owner to say that he has a policy of serving everyone, but the tweet that bragged about the “honor” of serving Sessions is too much to bare. As we learned from the Dixie Chicks, ppl have the right to say things, but shouldn’t be surprised when their customers/fans spend their $ elsewhere where they are appreciated.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:18 PM
fnh

2,032 posts, read 2,576,063 times
That the so-called AG himself lied to Congress under oath, repeatedly, demonstrates he is not exactly concerned with the law. No one in this so-called administration is concerned with the law, least of all the illegitimate president. Stinky ****e from the top down.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:40 PM

1,183 posts, read 1,069,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
^^^ Well for one, they are here "illegally"....therefore, they are breaking the law, and as the nation's Attorney General, he is in charge of enforcing the law. Your post is so full of crap, I can't even go on, pathetic really.
I'm referring to the fact that people who are here illegally are less likely to commit other, more dangerous and more violent crimes. This is a demographic fact. I would prefer to encounter someone who is committing the "crime" of being here illegally, rather than someone who wants to injure me. I would rather we crack down on those kinds of crimes.

But also, if you look at American history, you will see that border enforcement goes up during times of jingoism and nationalism. This is one of those times. We have lots of laws that are broken and lots of ways that people commit crimes that cost our citizens tons of money and even cause death. For instance, here in the Houston metro area, children who live within a mile of the ship channel are 10 times more likely to die of Leukemia than children who live outside that zone. This is in part because of carcinogens put into the air by companies who regularly violate pollution laws, and are happy to just pay the fines and keep on polluting because it's cheaper that way. That is a blatant violation of US law that costs way more American life than illegal immigration. Why isn't Jeff Sessions enforcing those pollution laws? For that matter, why doesn't the Trump administration make sure that abortion, which is the law, is accessible to all? It's because their priority is NOT the law, it's discrimination.

Those people who are coming here illegally are actually for the most part fleeing violence, and that's why they come. The know it's illegal, but they'd rather take that chance of living illegally than being somewhere where their lives are threatened. I know a Salvadoran who was almost killed twice in El Salvador before coming here--once by a gang and once by police! He came out of necessity. And you want to say to him, "go back and good luck." That's what's pathetic. I have a moral compass, and so do you. You should use it. The Trump administration's "enforcement" of the law does not mirror Obama's or Bush's, both of whom chose to be more judicious and fair in their dealings.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:53 PM

466 posts, read 201,564 times
I will definitely be eating there if I ever come to town

Old 08-12-2018, 12:54 PM

2,038 posts, read 2,186,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
I'm referring to the fact that people who are here illegally are less likely to commit other, more dangerous and more violent crimes. This is a demographic fact. I would prefer to encounter someone who is committing the "crime" of being here illegally, rather than someone who wants to injure me. I would rather we crack down on those kinds of crimes.

But also, if you look at American history, you will see that border enforcement goes up during times of jingoism and nationalism. This is one of those times. We have lots of laws that are broken and lots of ways that people commit crimes that cost our citizens tons of money and even cause death. For instance, here in the Houston metro area, children who live within a mile of the ship channel are 10 times more likely to die of Leukemia than children who live outside that zone. This is in part because of carcinogens put into the air by companies who regularly violate pollution laws, and are happy to just pay the fines and keep on polluting because it's cheaper that way. That is a blatant violation of US law that costs way more American life than illegal immigration. Why isn't Jeff Sessions enforcing those pollution laws? For that matter, why doesn't the Trump administration make sure that abortion, which is the law, is accessible to all? It's because their priority is NOT the law, it's discrimination.

Those people who are coming here illegally are actually, for the most part, fleeing violence, and that's why they come. The know it's illegal, but they'd rather take that chance of living illegally than being somewhere where their lives are threatened. I know a Salvadoran who was almost killed twice in El Salvador before coming here--once by a gang and once by police! He came out of necessity. And you want to say to him, "go back and good luck." That's what's pathetic. I have a moral compass, and so do you. You should use it. The Trump administration's "enforcement" of the law does not mirror Obama's or Bush's, both of whom chose to be more judicious and fair in their dealings.
People that are poor and minority tends to commit more crimes, guess which category the illegal aliens are. I also read another study that shows 25% of our prisons are not us citizens. Studies are always biased to fit their narrative.

Now speaking of moral compass, I am glad you feel for the Salvadoran. How about the poor black family living welfare to welfare? Or the veteran that is disabled and not getting the benefits they need? There are limited resources in this country. I know people like you think money and funds grow on trees, but that is not how the world actually operates. There is an opportunity cost for everything and Americans need to come first.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Bring plenty of stomach antacid and lots of toilet paper if you do.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipuck View Post
People that are poor and minority tends to commit more crimes, guess which category the illegal aliens are. I also read another study that shows 25% of our prisons are not us citizens. Studies are always biased to fit their narrative.

Now speaking of moral compass, I am glad you feel for the Salvadoran. How about the poor black family living welfare to welfare? Or the veteran that is disabled and not getting the benefits they need? There are limited resources in this country. I know people like you think money and funds grow on trees, but that is not how the world actually operates. There is an opportunity cost for everything and Americans need to come first.
How come your Salvadoran friend didn’t go to Mexico instead?

Old 08-12-2018, 02:55 PM

1,183 posts, read 1,069,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
How come your Salvadoran friend didn’t go to Mexico instead?
They didn't offer him refugee status--we did. I suppose you want to look at a country like Mexico, which you consider lower that the US, and at the same time emulate their immigration policy?

Old 08-12-2018, 05:54 PM

6,846 posts, read 12,392,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
He'll probably need you to come to town a lot to replace all the lost customers.

Maybe a restaurant in the backwoods of Montgomery county could get away with that tweet but still seems like a bad business decision in a largely Hispanic and progressive city.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
They didn't offer him refugee status--we did. I suppose you want to look at a country like Mexico, which you consider lower that the US, and at the same time emulate their immigration policy?
well, it might surprise you to know that I am a Mex-American and am very proud of that. In terms of wealth, USA obviously thieved its way to the top. I just don’t understand why these immigrants always have to choose the US as their destination when there are so many countries in Latin and Siuth America that they could go to. I don’t fault Sessions for doing his job when it comes to enforcing immigration law. It’s more for his treatment of tax-paying gay Americans. Notice how the basterd owner never said that he disagreed with Sesssion’s treatment of gays, only the illegals that the basterd employs for slave wages. He has to prevent an employee mutiny from happening at his overpriced restaurants after all. His El Tiempo food sucks anyway. The BEST Texmex is found ONLY in SAN ANTONIO. I bicycled past his Westheimer store this evening-parking lot looked half empty at peak 6:30 PM.

[Mod cut: racists/hate post]

Last edited by elnina; 08-13-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or