U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 04:18 PM

93 posts, read 65,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because fake outrage and Democrat votes.
^^^^This!!! Straight from the leftist playbook. Let's manufacture outrage over some ridiculousness. So what if Dominic Laurenzo is a conservative. Many small business owners are. He and his family are the epitome of a Houston success story and I will gladly continue to support his businesses.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM

12,524 posts, read 6,906,782 times
On a side note, if you're looking for a location to grab some great food the list of locations and menus can be found here.

El Tiempo Cantina | ˇGoza Cada Momento!

Menus and Locations - El Tiempo Cantina

Their beef short ribs are some of the best I've ever had.

If you're interested in the history behind El Tiempo and the Houston Laurenzo family prior to the left wing attacks that are going on right now check out this local story.

https://my-table.com/a-homecoming-fo...urenzo-family/

Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM
fnh

2,032 posts, read 2,585,603 times
No previous administration, Republican or Democrat, has separated families seeking asylum before. It was considered too inhumane, too extreme for a moral and civilized nation. But nothing is too cruel for this racist and felonious administration.

I can't tell if some are being purposely obtuse or if they are simply too stupid to recognize the difference, but the children housed during the Obama administration were arriving UNACCOMPANIED. (That means without parents, in case the latter.) There was no policy of separation.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnh View Post
No previous administration, Republican or Democrat, has separated families seeking asylum before. It was considered too inhumane, too extreme for a moral and civilized nation. But nothing is too cruel for this racist and felonious administration.

I can't tell if some are being purposely obtuse or if they are simply too stupid to recognize the difference, but the children housed during the Obama administration were arriving UNACCOMPANIED. (That means without parents, in case the latter.) There was no policy of separation.
Yes, they have in many cases just like we do currently. The number of "asylum seeking" people showing up at our Southern Border has skyrocketed in the last couple years because human smugglers have figured out the game and the system. Many of the children who were detained did not arrive with relatives so it's impossible to reunite them with their parents, DNA testing has proven that many of these kids were in the hands of smugglers who frankly couldn't care less if they got the kids back. If a child shows up with a smuggler there's no difference from them showing up unaccompanied, it's not like we can send them back with the smuggler even if we could find them. These kids are all being well taken care of, none of them are in cages or kid jails and they're probably eating better than they ever did at home.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:54 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,858,060 times
Quote:
Yes, they have in many cases just like we do currently. The number of "asylum seeking" people showing up at our Southern Border has skyrocketed in the last couple years because human smugglers have figured out the game and the system. Many of the children who were detained did not arrive with relatives so it's impossible to reunite them with their parents, DNA testing has proven that many of these kids were in the hands of smugglers who frankly couldn't care less if they got the kids back. If a child shows up with a smuggler there's no difference from them showing up unaccompanied, it's not like we can send them back with the smuggler even if we could find them. These kids are all being well taken care of, none of them are in cages or kid jails and they're probably eating better than they ever did at home.
I'm sure it feels good to think all that, but it's not true.

For example:
https://www.thenation.com/article/si...ention-center/

There is so much disdain towards crazy liberals creating drama over nothing. But it's not nothing. The right is just pretending it's nothing, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Now, go ahead and deny it, it's what I expect you to do. Watch Fox News, suck a lollypop and pretend our democracy is fine.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
I'm sure it feels good to think all that, but it's not true.

For example:
https://www.thenation.com/article/si...ention-center/

There is so much disdain towards crazy liberals creating drama over nothing. But it's not nothing. The right is just pretending it's nothing, and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

Now, go ahead and deny it, it's what I expect you to do. Watch Fox News, suck a lollypop and pretend our democracy is fine.
Our country's democracy is far from fine, did you even read that article you just linked? The child was abused by another child in the detention center, something that could have happened anywhere at any time along their trip to the El Paso US border port of entry from Guatemala which is over 2000 miles worth of Mexico away from the US BTW. Once this child was separated from her mother the DHS contacted her father who is an illegal alien living in California to figure out what to do with her.

There's so much F'd up with that story I don't know where to begin but I fully support reuniting this child with her mother and her father in Guatemala so she can begin her healing process.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:32 PM

1,032 posts, read 350,706 times
Quote:
There were about 12 protesters max outside the restaurant last night and it was on a 30 minute wait to get in, most level headed legal American citizens disagree with you and aren't willing to try destroying a wonderful local landmark business and great local family over some overly dramatic political BS.
Which location was it?

Old 08-14-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Which location was it?
Was what? The location in the story or the one that was on a wait? Given the amount of ignorant hate you started this thread with I’m not sure giving you any info is wise.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 PM

868 posts, read 596,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They’re all relevant. No one complained then, so why all the sudden is it Nazi Germany?
If they are all relevant, why did you single out Obama? Did he and other presidents have a zero tolerance policy?

Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,555,713 times
Quote:
I have a sincere question. Where do you generally get your news from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or