U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:24 PM

22 posts, read 6,074 times

Advertisements

Pilot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 08:43 PM

Crone... do you know how long Texas DMV took to respond to her? Couple weeks or longer? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 AM

596 posts, read 798,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-1979 View Post
Pilot
Could you provide more information please? Model year? (2018 from May judging by your previous post?) Issues? How many times has the same problem been repaired?

We could help you better with more information. Could easily cross reference it with other Pilots that might have similar issues and read about how their situation was resolved if it was posted on a different forum.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:50 AM

Left over from 2017.. new. Long story short, car started to sputtered.. engine stalled, gear change to neutral and Won’t allowed me to switch gear. AC blowing hot air, all warning lights illuminated on dashboard. Because of the sudden lost of speed, car behind almost crashed into me with my kids in there. Managed to get or rather “limped” to the road shoulder, kept pushing down the gear select, managed to get out of neutral but locked in 1st. I shut the engine off and turned it on again several times, still the same. Got it back to the dealer, 3 times now.. and each time I was told they fixed it, change module, reset the system, test drove it and no issue. But I barely got 5 miles out the dealer, the same issue starts for me. So it doesn’t happen when the dealer test drove it but it happened to me?

Old 08-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Huma281, do you have a Honda as well? are you having any issue?

Old 08-14-2018, 03:20 PM

596 posts, read 798,542 times
Quote:
Huma281, do you have a Honda as well? are you having any issue?
I do not currently own a Honda, but I have owned many Honda's in the past. Put down a deposit to purchase a Honda yesterday.

Honda reliability today is average at best. They are definitely a shell of their former self. Not sure if it's because of all the technology they put into their vehicles or the parts being outsourced or maybe a combination of both. The vehicle I plan on purchasing has had a lot of various issues as well. 2017 is the first model year and even the 2018's still have the same issues. From leaking valve cover gaskets, 2nd and 3rd gear grind (transmission issues), flywheel issues, turbo issues, and other issues.

Took a quick look at a Pilot forum and it seems that a handful of people are having various issues as well. From what I could decipher, the engine sputtering/stalling could be from a bad batch of gas or a cylinder is misfiring (could totally be something else). There's so many variables that could cause this issue. If you have the documentation from the dealership noting that the vehicle was repaired for the same issue four times, file a lemon law suit. After filing it, speak with the dealership for any remedies, if they are not co-operative, call the district or regional manager.

Here's a good website to determine if your vehicle is eligible. https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/cons...tion/lemon-law

Here's the website to the Honda Pilot forum, https://www.piloteers.org/forums/114...eration-pilot/

Old 08-15-2018, 12:52 PM

9,782 posts, read 7,647,539 times
Quote:
Crone... do you know how long Texas DMV took to respond to her? Couple weeks or longer? Thanks.
From the day the car qualified as a lemon, IIRC she had her money back and a new car in a month or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston