U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 11:04 AM

108 posts, read 102,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevehanrahan41 View Post
Arenít taxes determined by city and ISD?
City and ISD are standard across the jurisdiction (if you live in a city). MUD property taxes vary significantly, and are usually higher in newer neighborhoods, as they have more infrastructure debt spread over fewer completed and occupied homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 04:16 PM

1,096 posts, read 773,332 times
I personally would pick Lennar or Beazer over Anglia, who I haven’t heard of.

Have you sat down and thought about how much you might use the amenities? We really regret not giving this more consideration, our neighborhood has really disappointing amenities for the cost.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 PM

372 posts, read 277,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
I personally would pick Lennar or Beazer over Anglia, who I havenít heard of.

Have you sat down and thought about how much you might use the amenities? We really regret not giving this more consideration, our neighborhood has really disappointing amenities for the cost.
We donít really use the pool in our current neighborhood as much, and Iím hoping the fitness center would entice my fat @ss into actually working out being its right there. Lol

Old 08-29-2018, 06:27 PM

1,130 posts, read 516,401 times
Quote:
Arenít taxes determined by city and ISD?
Most of the MPC's aren't in a city, but do have high MUD taxes.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 689,716 times
If you're outside the city limits you will be on a MUD. Our water bill is the cost of water we use plus that same amount added into the bill which is the cost for converting the water to use. ($40 +$40 = Monthly bill) Then there's the $3,000/year added on to that. So that is the MUD. KatyISD tax rate is 1.5. Some are less and some are 1.5 like Katy. The drainage district is in your taxes, too, drainage improvement as well as road improvements. Anytime there is something for the school district to vote on, it impacts your property taxes. Like I said in another post, Katy ISD put in that Legend Stadium, right next to the older Rhodes Stadium. The decided to go over budget. It'll be the property taxes which pay that off.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-football-katy

Also keep in mind your HOA fees are due each year, your homeowners (which goes up as your assessment goes up), flood insurance, etc. With taxes and all these other items we pay about $12,000/year to live here. That's why it's important to shop around and figure out if a commute is a better option.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:07 PM

8,950 posts, read 14,083,351 times
Lennar and Beazer over Anglia. Like others have mentioned, it's the MUD taxes that drive up the tax rate the most. You know those really pretty subdivisions with lots of fountain sprays? High MUD taxes. Not saying that is bad, but you pay for that, not the fountain fairies.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Lennar and Beazer over Anglia. Like others have mentioned, it's the MUD taxes that drive up the tax rate the most. You know those really pretty subdivisions with lots of fountain sprays? High MUD taxes. Not saying that is bad, but you pay for that, not the fountain fairies.
Once again though, no ones given me any reasons not to go with Anglia. Just because some people havenít heard of them isnít enough.

And yes Iím aware someone has to pay for those really pretty fountains. Thanks for that jaw dropping insight.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:22 PM

1,096 posts, read 773,332 times
Quote:
Once again though, no ones given me any reasons not to go with Anglia. Just because some people havenít heard of them isnít enough.

And yes Iím aware someone has to pay for those really pretty fountains. Thanks for that jaw dropping insight.
Then go build yourself an Anglia home! Nobody is stopping you!

Old 08-30-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
Then go build yourself an Anglia home! Nobody is stopping you!
Right, no one is stopping me from doing anything. Iíll do whatever I choose to do. What Iím looking for, as stated in my first post, is experiences from people that have used these builders or even better, people that live in these neighborhoods. Blanket statements arenít helpful at all.

Old 08-30-2018, 05:47 PM

1,130 posts, read 516,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
If you're outside the city limits you will be on a MUD.
Not always. There are large areas where there's no MUD and th houses are on wells and septic systems, but that wouldn't apply to any MPC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or