Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 05:10 PM

422 posts, read 542,370 times

Advertisements

Hello y’all, I posted a week or so back about moving to Katy and visited over the weekend. We decided it’s a move we want to make, we liked the area a lot.

We narrowed it down to a couple builders that’s we’re thinking about going with, and wondering what people’s experiences are with these particular builders, or better yet people that actually live in these subdivisions/ areas.

Lennar in Young Ranch
Anglia in Willow Creek

Both of these are right next to each other, great commute times and nice looking communities.
We like the amenities with Young Ranch, but liked the layouts of homes/customization with Anglia in Willow Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 10:26 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,734,008 times
Wow that is far out great commute time to where exactly?

Lennar is one of the biggest builders in Houston and considered midrange. I've never heard of Anglia so do some due diligence as far as their track record if you want to buy a home from them. Shady builders (and I'm not saying they are) tend to run their reputation into the ground then the just reopen under a new name and repeat the process.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:31 PM

234 posts, read 425,091 times
My opinion i would pick YR v Willow Creek. When we were looking I was drawn away when i saw bullet holes on the window of the Westin model home a few years back.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Wow that is far out great commute time to where exactly?

Lennar is one of the biggest builders in Houston and considered midrange. I've never heard of Anglia so do some due diligence as far as their track record if you want to buy a home from them. Shady builders (and I'm not saying they are) tend to run their reputation into the ground then the just reopen under a new name and repeat the process.
My company is building a new facility off Igloo road in West Katy.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tahoe View Post
My opinion i would pick YR v Willow Creek. When we were looking I was drawn away when i saw bullet holes on the window of the Westin model home a few years back.
Bullet holes?? It’s not exactly the hood out there lol

Old 08-15-2018, 09:33 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,692,022 times
Just make sure you do all your research so no hidden surprises. Find out if it's in an area that floods, check with your insurance agent if there are claims, etc. etc. With builders you can walk through their models and you can see how well they're built. Some extras we had on our home was the ridge vent, radiant barrier, gutters, etc.

You might want to be far enough away from I-10 so you don't hear traffic noise and fumes. I'm also one to worry about chemical spills on the freeway. It doesn't happen often but you know the routes they'll take will include I-10. Also check the HOA site, find out the deed restrictions and if you can live with them. Some are quite restrictive and some more lenient. Another point is the MUD and costs. . . Tax rate. . . Walk the area and talk to those out. It's the best way to get a feel for the neighborhood.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:09 AM

Thanks y’all, anyone know anything about Beazer? I browsed their models online and liked one so I’m going to check them out as wel.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:20 PM

5 posts, read 3,885 times
Beazer has a longstanding reputation as a quality builder and their homes have continuously improved year after year. I would not recommend Anglia. I know you've narrowed down your list but consider Jordan Ranch or Cane Island.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:31 AM

170 posts, read 194,066 times
Cane Island taxes are very high

Old 08-29-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana K View Post
Cane Island taxes are very high
Aren’t taxes determined by city and ISD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: