U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2018, 08:00 AM
 
2,618 posts, read 2,535,804 times
Reputation: 4266

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss08 View Post
Oh wow! Thanks for clearing that up, so there would be no mistake about it! The area by MD Anderson what "side" of town could that be considered. Would it be safe to say that's the "midtown" area, or do I have that wrong?
It's not Midtown, however, it is a nice area of town save the flooding.

This map may be helpful

https://judgmentalmaps.com/post/91260959870/houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Willowbrook, Houston
424 posts, read 480,121 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss08 View Post
Oh wow! Thanks for clearing that up, so there would be no mistake about it! The area by MD Anderson what "side" of town could that be considered. Would it be safe to say that's the "midtown" area, or do I have that wrong?
More like West Central Houston, but you would be in close proximity to Midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2018, 05:12 PM
 
7 posts, read 2,480 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
It's not Midtown, however, it is a nice area of town save the flooding.

This map may be helpful

https://judgmentalmaps.com/post/91260959870/houston
This Map is hilarious!! It definitely put things into perspective for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2018, 04:28 PM
 
2,698 posts, read 3,782,538 times
Reputation: 3035
5755 Hermann Park. You can get a one bedroom for just a little over $1500. Very nice apartments. I find the area sketchy but a friend lives there and I love her place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2018, 04:30 PM
 
2,698 posts, read 3,782,538 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
It's not Midtown, however, it is a nice area of town save the flooding.

This map may be helpful

https://judgmentalmaps.com/post/91260959870/houston

This is funny but VERY VERY spot on. For real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2018, 07:13 PM
 
7 posts, read 2,480 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
5755 Hermann Park. You can get a one bedroom for just a little over $1500. Very nice apartments. I find the area sketchy but a friend lives there and I love her place.
Thank you so much!! Definitely gonna check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2018, 03:57 PM
 
2,596 posts, read 7,050,222 times
Reputation: 1298
Gulfton is SW and is not great but it is not near where you are looking. I would call that area museum district or Med center depending on what side of the park you are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2018, 02:32 PM
 
5 posts, read 3,660 times
Reputation: 12
Default Also looking near MD Anderson

I am looking online for furnished apartments near MD Anderson where unfortunately I am going for treatment. Leasing agency sent me Elan at the Med Center and Archstone Toscana. Reviews on Yelp are mixed of course. Any thoughts from locals about these 2 buildings? We may be there months so need to be in safe area near hospital but also access to grocery stores and restaurants. So hard to make a decision with only online info. And have never been to Houston. All comments greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 07:20 AM
 
2,618 posts, read 2,535,804 times
Reputation: 4266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jante View Post
I am looking online for furnished apartments near MD Anderson where unfortunately I am going for treatment. Leasing agency sent me Elan at the Med Center and Archstone Toscana. Reviews on Yelp are mixed of course. Any thoughts from locals about these 2 buildings? We may be there months so need to be in safe area near hospital but also access to grocery stores and restaurants. So hard to make a decision with only online info. And have never been to Houston. All comments greatly appreciated!
Archstone Toscana. Clean, safe, well maintained and well managed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top