U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:01 PM

2,865 posts, read 4,154,044 times

Advertisements

I didn't even realize it expired. The last time I renewed it was online and I did mine and my mom's for her. She'd mentioned hers expiring in 2019 so I assumed mine did as well. Turns out mine was 2018 so it just expired and I just caught it.

I'm looking online and the Spring Cypress location isn't showing me any times for making an appointment and it says
"No service times avaliable". The same with the Rosenburg office. WTF am I suppose to do?

Apparently the SC office says people get in line at 6 so walk ins are cut off at 2. I want to avoid taking off for waiting all day and then still not being seen with the Black Friday type of people already camped out. So I need to make an appointment....but I don't see any times or dates.

What human being can I speak to? I'm getting automated 101 when I call every office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:56 PM

938 posts, read 2,239,741 times
Get online to make the appointment first thing in the morning. When it says no appointments available, it means its booked solid that day.

And right now it just sucks. Theres a DPS closed which adds traffic elsewhere. Summer is barely over but is notoriously bad because of teens getting their first license, etc..

Some people have had luck going out of town... like Columbus.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by descovy View Post
Get online to make the appointment first thing in the morning. When it says no appointments available, it means its booked solid that day.

And right now it just sucks. Theres a DPS closed which adds traffic elsewhere. Summer is barely over but is notoriously bad because of teens getting their first license, etc..

Some people have had luck going out of town... like Columbus.

Okay so it books for the day? Not in advance? I was thinking it would show me a calendar like making a bank appointment and I just pick a day. I'll try in the morning. I would be great if I could get a same day appointment and book it at 4 to get there.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:03 PM

2,133 posts, read 982,142 times
You can try El Campo or Columbus or Hempstead. Anywhere in the rural areas is less likely to be busy. And, unlike license plates, you can renew the DL anywhere.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You can try El Campo or Columbus or Hempstead. Anywhere in the rural areas is less likely to be busy. And, unlike license plates, you can renew the DL anywhere.

Now it says we are currently not accepting requests to put you in line

Yes rural and small places are less likely to be busy in theory BUT I would think with the mega centers looking like Black Friday, people are going to the small ones and volumne there is picking up.

Plus, could I roll up at 4pm at a small location and be seen or is it an all day thing like the mega places? I see Victoria, Texas City, Baytown....what are my chances?

Old 09-19-2018, 07:36 AM

318 posts, read 156,661 times
We went to Texas City last Friday at 3 and the wait was only 30 minutes to get inside. They don't let anyone else inside after 5pm but everyone inside by then gets served. Was transferring license from Calif so no need for test or appointment.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:46 AM

675 posts, read 1,200,612 times
I would go to a Super Center (North Houston) - check what time they open - go to the "get in line system" as soon as they open. It will give you a time to go. Show up 10-15 mins before and boom. Easy.

DO NOT go to the one in Klein. They are a S show. Even though I had an appointment, they still made me get in line with everyone else. They truly do not know what they are doing.

Good luck.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdog View Post
We went to Texas City last Friday at 3 and the wait was only 30 minutes to get inside. They don't let anyone else inside after 5pm but everyone inside by then gets served. Was transferring license from Calif so no need for test or appointment.
What about license people? Was their wait like yours? And everyone got inside? No matter what they were there for?

Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 PM

450 posts, read 1,001,209 times
My husband went to the El Campo location in August. He was done in less than 1 hour.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:09 PM

660 posts, read 915,911 times
Went to the super center near Klein a month or so ago. Had an appointment and still waited over an hour before I was able to see a CSR. When I arrived I had to wait in a line to enter the building. What was the point of making an appointment when I had to do what everyone else had to do and wait about the same amount of time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston