U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 12:54 PM

196 posts, read 120,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1153 View Post
Because it takes 5-10 mins to get to i10 or 290 oppossed to 25-30 minutes south of i10.
Cinco is over crowded and the traffic is very bad.

Lots of opportunity up north right now. Most people south of I10 have some equity and they are cashing out at high prices and invest in the next booming area in Katy / Cypress.

UH, H Mart, lots of commercial, Elyson & Bridgeland are filling that area.

Plus it doesn’t flood
So when everyone including those in Cinco begin moving to the NW side who do you think is going to suffer from overcrowding and bad traffic? Population will begin to decrease in Cinco Ranch whereas North of I-10 will have a population explosion
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 01:06 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,383,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
It's simple, NW Houston is hot right now. It offers suburban living for a decent price, you're close to multiple freeways into Houston, the schools are among the best in the state, especially in Cypress, Tomball, Spring Branch, Jersey Village, etc. Someone mentioned NW Houston doesn't flood, which is true. Of the other regions of Houston, crime is generally lower in NW Houston than any other part of the city.
Concord Bridge, Jamestown Colony, Hearthstone, Champion's Fores, Bammel Forest - these places flooded pretty bad. And this is not a complete list. And of course Bear Creek is an all-time flooding disaster.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
West Houston has the lowest crime rate in the entire Houston metro area. Do you seriously consider places like Bear Creek to be safe?
Bear Creek looks questionable, but surprisingly I don't see much crime reports coming from that area. Spring Branch seems to be a lot more dangerous.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Why are communities like Elyson getting popular, your literally in the middle of nowhere and north Katy isn’t as good as south of I-10 in regards of crime and school ratings.

Can someone enlighten me on the subject.
Everything is mixed up here.

Elyson is a newer community, 2016-now, outside Hwy 99.

But North Katy (north of I-10, east of Hwy 99, west of Barker Cypress and south of FM529) has existed since 1980s.
Also it depends where in North Katy, that's very eclectic and non-homogeneous area.

Cypress is a totally different subject. There are super trendy new large communities in South Cypress.
North Cypress is very good too.
Quality of this area is out of doubt. North Katy cannot compare to Cypress.

North Katy = cheap. Could be convenient if you work in Katy, Cypress or even Brookshire.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:30 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,878,387 times
I read years ago that the population center of greater Houston was at I-10 and the Beltway. The ArcGIS site places it at 59 and the Westpark tollway though that might just be the center of population within the actual city limits since the city of Houston's official boundaries don't go too far north (aside from annexed commercial zones the city mostly ignores residential population too far north of 610).

So far out Cypress and North and West Houston extend much farther than east or south suburbs (aside from the Gulf freeway corridor). In the 90's, that center kept moving farther west and north, but I am sure it will move back closer in or stay put since Pearland and the Eastside are now booming. The white collar jobs are west and north.

That said, Cypress/Katy exurb sprawl isn't exactly in the middle of nowhere. It's in the path of where business is growing.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:00 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,153,544 times
Quote:
Why are communities like Elyson getting popular, your literally in the middle of nowhere and north Katy isn’t as good as south of I-10 in regards of crime and school ratings.

Can someone enlighten me on the subject.
They are great areas if you are commuting to Austin.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
they are great areas if you are commuting to austin.

lol

Old 01-01-2019, 04:51 PM

407 posts, read 563,718 times
Quote:
So when everyone including those in Cinco begin moving to the NW side who do you think is going to suffer from overcrowding and bad traffic? Population will begin to decrease in Cinco Ranch whereas North of I-10 will have a population explosion
That could take 25+ years to happen

It’s already there in Cinco and surrounding areas

Old 01-01-2019, 05:00 PM

383 posts, read 470,715 times
IMO, any area in KISD is going to grow. Historically, KISD north of I-10 hasn't been as good, but I am thinking that might be changing. There are four quadrants of Katy (when I say Katy, I refer to KISD), seperated by I-10 and 99. The two sections south of I-10 are pretty much at capacity. South Katy inside is I-10 is definitely at build out. The section outside Grand Parkway is nearing completion if it hasn't already.

The section North of I-10 inside 99 (77449 and 77084) will see some development, as there are still leftover tracts that haven't been developed.

But that leaves North Katy outside 99 to see the remainder of growth (the area that encompasses Katy proper). There will be an explosion of growth over the next couple of decades with communities like Elyson, Cane Island, and Falls at Green Meadows. I'm sure there will be more communities in North Katy to come. This is in addition to the growth happening down in Richmond/Fulshear in LCISD.

CYFISD is also a district with some great schools. With communities like Bridgeland, Cypress Creek Lakes, and Towne Lake, the growth will continue for the foreseeable future.

I am interested to see what happens when the good school districts reach capacity. Will Waller and Royal ISD grow? People move out to the fringes because they want new construction and great schools. I don't know much about those districts, but I don't believe they have the good reputation that Katy has (or CyFair). Will they improve as those areas start to populate or will the growth stop before sprawling out to those districts? Only time will tell.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Why do you think those areas (Katy, Cypress, Fulshear, etc.) will continue to grow? What makes you think the population boom will keep continuing? Maybe a crisis will emerge that will lead people to move to different parts of the nation/state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston