Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelle28 View Post
What about the Hospitals in Katy?
Memorial Hermann is an excellent organization.

Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital

DO NOT get rattled by the "All Caps" post. You are not going to want to take the chance of fighting traffic into the TMC at rush hour while in labor. I still suggest that you supplement your doctor shopping by contacting the labor & delivery nursing station to get some opinions on the doctors you see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcm_hmm View Post
I'm Writing This In Caps Because I Am Very Adament About This! Houston Hospitals >suck< The Doctors Are Horrible, Hospital Conditions Are Horrible, The Downtown Medical Center Is !horrible! Parking Is Atrocious.....people And Attitudes Suck, It's Dirty, It's Sickly.......it Is Disgusting......do You Get My Point?
This is quite impressive for a second post.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Hermann Hospital in the Medical Center is an excellent hospital. The Memorial Hermann system is a good system, but nothing especially remarkable compared to most other big health networks in the U.S.

Like most other hospitals in the U.S., overall quality in the suburban hospitals is pretty high but it's hit or miss based upon staff, etc. Hospitals in Houston tend to have flashy facilities (fancy lobbies, decor etc.) compared to many other places in the U.S. and this leads many people to think the hospitals are better than they actually are. In reality, of course, such frivolity is irrelevant when it comes to actual health care services provided.

BTW, MD Anderson is the top rated cancer hospital in the U.S.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 PM

12 posts, read 50,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelle28 View Post
What about the Hospitals in Katy?
My daughter had our grandbaby at Katy Memorial Hermann Hospital in 2005. That was before the "Big" hospital was built. The nurses were great, she really liked her doctor a lot and even the "Old" building was very clean and in order.

In 2007 my husband was having chest pains (he's fine) and I drove him to the new hospital.....

They were GREAT! Could not have been more please at well he was taken care of.

While your in a situation that requires you to select a physician pretty soon, you can continue to look around if you don't find the "Right one" right away.
Trying to find a doctors that "fits" can be tricky but it can be done.

Good Luck!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
Default Hospitals & Doctors in Katy

I've heard bad things about the Ob-Gyn Clinic in Katy - do a search including on the doctor mentioned in one of the posts here. I would not go there.

Per healthcare, well, if you have an unusual need or a poorly recognized disorder you're going to do a lot of doctor hopping. Research your issues and the doctors thoroughly. I've never liked Memorial Hermann - have been here since the 70s. They pit their staff against each other by rating employees and firing the lower 10% and comparing them to each other. The result is staff that's not well supported.

I personally prefer to drive in to the TX Medical Center. Insurance will (does for me) dictate a great deal. Check out Rate MDs also for docs.

West Oaks Hospital I would avoid. They're not in Katy but are on the far west side on Richmond near Eldridge. My husband went to the lab to have a test run for a fairly rare disease. It took a long time for a staff member to show up, then the staff member opened up a book of tests and asked him which version/test he wanted. She had no idea what she was doing. The place has gone down hill.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 PM

189 posts, read 448,724 times
We live in Katy and this would be our hospital in case of emergency. So far havent had any reason to use the facility yet except for dr visits at the professional bldg nearby. My daughter is a n.i.c.u. nurse at the Children's Memorial Hermann Hosp. downtown in the med center and she said if your baby is very premature or has major health problems, he/she will be transported downtown and will receive excellent, state of the art care. The Katy branch is good for a routine delivery and the med center branch is tops in the state for all kinds of difficult newborn situations.

Last edited by lovesroses; 06-25-2008 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a word

Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM

49 posts, read 206,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcm_hmm View Post
I'm Writing This In Caps Because I Am Very Adament About This! Houston Hospitals >suck< The Doctors Are Horrible, Hospital Conditions Are Horrible, The Downtown Medical Center Is !horrible! Parking Is Atrocious.....people And Attitudes Suck, It's Dirty, It's Sickly.......it Is Disgusting......do You Get My Point?

kind of makes you wonder if this person been in houston for a while and know what he/she talking about....

Let me just say that Houston have the best and most impressive Medical Center in the World....as someone mentioned...people from every part of the world come down here for procedure and stuff....
M.D. Anderson is the number one Cancer Center in the World right now...its either that or the other cancer hospital in NY? I'm not sure...but this year I know MDACC is the first! and one of the best place to work at in the employee poll they do every year....MDACC doesn't even look like a hospital inside...its like a big hotel...friendly people from the volunteers to the big kahuna....i should know...i used to volunteer there when i was in HS and College for six years....

Then there's St. Lukes...then TxChildren....they all bring different kinds of things in the Medical Center....

I do understand about parking...parking is a pain in a you know...but that's mostly the case in any other states that are close to downtown....atleast our Medical Center can still be access by MetroRail and Buses....

There are ups and downs...but it doesn't suck like this person posted....that's just my opinion...hehehe....hopefully no one will get mad because i won't care...as i said this is my opinion....hehehe

peace! (^o^)v
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston