Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Bullcrap.

All the Flagship Randall's are much nicer than any Publix I have ever been to. And I've been to many a Publix.

Double ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM

64 posts, read 180,627 times
ive lived in both places, and my observation is this:

florida is better for a young person (25 and younger), while texas is better for an older young person (25 to 55), while florida is better for an older older person (55 to death).

i think most would agree.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,599 times
Florida actually has the second largest AA AS you call it population in america soon to be the first. I love the weather alot more in Florida at least it does rain at all. Publix is the best and there is no arguing..

Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM

848 posts, read 2,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Florida actually has the second largest AA AS you call it population in america soon to be the first. I love the weather alot more in Florida at least it does rain at all. Publix is the best and there is no arguing..
Publix? Much rather have Randall's Flagship and HEB...much more diverse.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:03 PM

848 posts, read 2,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny77 View Post
ive lived in both places, and my observation is this:

florida is better for a young person (25 and younger), while texas is better for an older young person (25 to 55), while florida is better for an older older person (55 to death).

i think most would agree.
Having lived in both Pinellas County (Tampa Bay) and Houston for many, many years...that is an interesting observation.

But I think 25 and younger folks, especially those of wide ethnicities, are still better off in Houston than most parts of Florida.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:08 PM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Good luck getting out of Florida before a hurricane hits it.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny77 View Post
Don't know about that. Really depends on where in FL and where in TX, among other things.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 AM

391 posts, read 922,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsky778 View Post
Hi, I am contemplating a move to Houston. I would like to get the pros and cons from people who have lived in both places. Any and all information would be great

Thanks a million
You should definitely consider moving to Houston. Houston has an outstanding economy, low unemployment, all the major sports, extremely culturally diverse, great night life, outstanding food and restuarants, close to the beaches (although not nearly as nice as the ones in Florida... the nicer Texas beaches are further south of us down the coast), 4th largest city in the nation, 5th largest metro area in the nation, tons of housing choices and much more affordable than Florida, no state income tax, lots of trees and parks, lots of shopping (7th largest mall in the world) and really just something for anyone here.

Now for the cons... the traffic is kind of bad, it is hot and humid (but coming from Florida that shouldn't bother you at all), winters are a little cooler here than in Florida, as stated before the beaches are not as nice... those are about the only cons I can think of.

Hope you consider Houston for your move. Houston welcomes you!!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM

352 posts, read 777,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Bullcrap.

All the Flagship Randall's are much nicer than any Publix I have ever been to. And I've been to many a Publix.
Went to flagship randalls about a month ago. There is NOTHING to write home about. Couldnt even tell the difference between it and a regular randalls.

No comparison at all to Publix.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
Went to flagship randalls about a month ago. There is NOTHING to write home about. Couldnt even tell the difference between it and a regular randalls.

No comparison at all to Publix.
Publix is an okay grocery store, but in Florida, there are only four stores to actually get groceries, Publix, Winn Dixie, Target and Walmart, so Publix owns the entire state...no competetion at all...I lived in Palm Beach Gardens for three years and in my area, there were four Publixs, one winn dixie and the old school walmart(not a supercenter)....Publix, or Winn Dixie do not double or triple coupons, but their claim to fame is buy one get one free

consider what we have in Houston alone...Kroger, HEB and Randalls are the top three chains...then the lower chains like Fiesta, Foodtown, FoodArama, Food Fair, then the speciality stores for Chinese, Indian, Middle Easterners and others give everyone a wide variety.

Trader Joes and Aldi are heading this way soon to give even more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston