Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 08:03 AM

62 posts, read 63,223 times

Advertisements

MAGA ≠ conservative

You wouldn’t be a fan of Sugar Land because of lack of ‘diversity.’ Neither is my wife and she’s brown.

Most builds post-2010 have a lot size correlated with square footage, so you need a bigger house to get a bigger yard.

Might be worth checking out areas off of FM359 between FM1093 and Mason Rd. I think there’s a small community called Foster Lake (?) that has larger lots. Depending your willingness to commute, take a look at Fulbrook and Weston Lakes in Fulshear.

If working downtown and you can stomach an even longer commute, check out Hidden Arbor in Cypress. Close enough to Bridgeland, Towne Lake, and other Cypress amenities, though it’s still the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 10:24 AM

313 posts, read 282,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleton View Post
MAGA ≠ conservative

You wouldn’t be a fan of Sugar Land because of lack of ‘diversity.’ Neither is my wife and she’s brown.

Most builds post-2010 have a lot size correlated with square footage, so you need a bigger house to get a bigger yard.

Might be worth checking out areas off of FM359 between FM1093 and Mason Rd. I think there’s a small community called Foster Lake (?) that has larger lots. Depending your willingness to commute, take a look at Fulbrook and Weston Lakes in Fulshear.

If working downtown and you can stomach an even longer commute, check out Hidden Arbor in Cypress. Close enough to Bridgeland, Towne Lake, and other Cypress amenities, though it’s still the suburbs.
I am familiar with the neighborhood you’re talking about. OP should also take a look at Lakes of Fairhaven that’s adjacent to Fairfield. It’s big houses on bigger lots (20K sq ft lots to an acre) and it’s got really good zoned schools (located in Fairfield). Plus it has a comprehensive, varied amenity bubble that even Bridgeland and Towne residents “drive up” to utilize.

One suggestion is Benders Landing right next door to The Woodlands.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:15 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,522,415 times
We lived close to Frisco TX (worked in Plano) up until about 10 years ago when we moved here, we settled in Cypress. You should check out Bridgeland and Towne Lake in Cypress, they may have what you're looking for although "big backyard" may be subjective. Cinco Ranch in Katy is also a great MPC, and is relatively close to Sugar Land.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:23 PM
bu2

24,097 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
We lived close to Frisco TX (worked in Plano) up until about 10 years ago when we moved here, we settled in Cypress. You should check out Bridgeland and Towne Lake in Cypress, they may have what you're looking for although "big backyard" may be subjective. Cinco Ranch in Katy is also a great MPC, and is relatively close to Sugar Land.
Most of Plano, and most of Dallas, I remember has smaller yards than typical in Houston. Now when you get out to McKinney you get larger lots.

So its a question of what you consider "large lots."

Old 02-12-2021, 08:36 PM

14 posts, read 6,638 times
Sugarland or Missouri City will work

Old 02-12-2021, 08:43 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1 View Post
Sugarland or Missouri City will work
Missouri City???

Old 02-12-2021, 09:25 PM

14 posts, read 6,638 times
It's next to Sugarland. More land and less regulation.
Fort Bend is another place too and all with the same area.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:32 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1 View Post
It's next to Sugarland. More land and less regulation.
Fort Bend is another place too and all with the same area.
Fort Bend is a county not a city.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:58 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Their Trump supporters, everywhere, you might get the occasional liberal if you wear a MAGA hat in public but 90% of people don't care enough to step to you different for wearing one in public. Sugar Land went 60-40 Trump, while maybe not as much as Katy, I'm sure the public there is much more open enough that a conservative living in Frisco would feel at home. About the only thing I would say is look for the "whiter" parts of Sugar Land, I only say this because their likely more conservative.

Pecan Grove especially is probably the perfect neighborhood for you but that's in Richmond might have some larger yards. I don't think much of the neighborhood is post-2010 but newer developments in Fort Bend at least are the ones that are more liberal as every cycle the county becomes more liberal. Older subdivisions are generally more conservative, or at least have less minorities so vote conservatively.

Fulshear, is also very good in terms of acreage, and it isn't too far form Sugar Land, in fact I would put that and Pecan Grove at the top of your list. Also possibly the Greatwood area or New Territory area of Sugar Land.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:58 AM

20 posts, read 24,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownNearNative View Post
It doesn’t exist here. The closest you can get to it is Montgomery County which tends to be conservative, but if you want a newish home, it comes with small lots. There may be some exceptions. I recall an old post in this forum where someone was looking in the north side for a home on a larger lot and Harmony subdivision in Spring, TX fit this.

Sugar Land schools are hyper competitive with Asian students. A conservative pro-Trump friend had her child at Fort Bend Christian Academy instead of Fort Bend ISD. A very old post on this forum tells the story of how his daughter just was not fitting in at a predominantly South Asian, Sullivan Elementary. Ultimately he had to put her in private school.

The Woodlands is the best bet for you, though you may not find large lots. Good luck.
The Montgomery County is also getting more blue but I think that there are pretty low voter turnouts. I'd say if the voter turnout was higher then Montgomery County would only be 60% Republican. Conroe and The Woodlands would be purple cities. Conroe is 51.7% minority, if more Hispanic people had citizenships then Conroe would be mostly Democrat. In the precinct-level election map, there was one precinct in Conroe that is 66% pro-Biden. The Woodlands doesn't have any precincts that voted majority for Biden however every precinct there became went at least +6 more Democrat. The Woodlands has a lot of rich foreigners living and working there, the percentage of Hispanics, Asians, white immigrants and even African Americans is increasing but again with the former three groups most of them are not US citizens. If high schoolers were able to vote I'm sure that would also affect the Republicans' performance in Montgomery County. Conroe ISD did a mock election and the majority of students voted for Biden, so who knows, maybe in the next 10 years Conroe and The Woodlands will become as blue as Fort Bend County. The Montgomery County parts of Spring are also becoming Democrat but not to the same extent. I'd say the OP's best bet is maybe Klein (The part that people often erroneously call "Spring west of I-45) it still has a lot of Republican areas and it's the second largest majority-Republican city in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston