Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 PM

15 posts, read 32,814 times

Advertisements

i really need your help...I will be visiting houston on june 20th (first time) for three days and i am planning on getting a rental.........can anyone tell me which is the best airport to fly into (HOBBY or IAH) and any decently priced hotels nearby? I really dont need anything too fancy as i will be on the road all the time....I would like to visit katy, woodlands, sugarland, pearland, galleria and a few other places so i would like to stay somewhere that is central...Thanks and I am looking forward to hearing 'your' replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:00 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,662,468 times
Most of those places you want to visit are closer to Hobby which is on the south side of Houston. Southwest Airlines is the one who uses Hobby so check their prices. Might want to get a hotel around Sugar Land which is sort of in the middle of most of the places you want to visit with the exception of The Woodlands. If your seeing the Woodlands then why not Kingwood since your not tying yourself to the SW side?

Old 05-30-2008, 11:07 PM

130 posts, read 453,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Most of those places you want to visit are closer to Hobby which is on the south side of Houston. Southwest Airlines is the one who uses Hobby so check their prices. Might want to get a hotel around Sugar Land which is sort of in the middle of most of the places you want to visit with the exception of The Woodlands. If your seeing the Woodlands then why not Kingwood since your not tying yourself to the SW side?
There are other places near The Woodlands that you might want to see. We have a number of subdivisions in the area being developed.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 PM

thanks for the info...I am actually planning to fly out of philly(PHL) and based on the fares it seems as if IAH would be a better choice(SOUTHWEST $354 nonstop)..........Would a hotel in Sugarland be a central area to stay? I am definately going to see katy, sugarland, kingwood, woodland, galleria....any where else?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM

If you plan to fly into IAH I would get a hotel in Kingwood which is just a few minutes drive from IAH. Spend the first day checking out Kingwood and The Woodlands areas. Then the next day book a hotel down in Sugar Land, head to Galleria on your way from Kingwood to Sugar Land. Check into hotel then spend 2 days seeing Katy, Sugar Land and Pearland which are all on the South, S-W side of Houston.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 PM

799 posts, read 3,677,874 times
Good advice Chris!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:15 PM

960 posts, read 2,736,201 times
I would fly to Hobby if you can, it's closest to downtown and try to stay at any budget choice in and around West Loop. It's more centralized than staying in Sugar Land or in the far out Woodlands. But it's up to you if you want to keep packing up to moved to several hotels around Houston and most people don't like to do that.

Most of all, you haven't told us the purpose of your visit. Is it business and curious pleasure or looking to relocate soon?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 AM

'Curious pleasure and planning to relocate' (09).........Ok, so Hobby it will be and i will try to get a pacakge that includes hotel and rental.
I would like to see a few homes so i am thinking i should contact a realtor because i know some subdivisions are gated.... good idea?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:10 AM

I doubt any Realtor is going to drive you to all the different suburbs in Houston. Houston had very few gated subdivisions and if they are and have houses for sale just call ahead to get in.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:49 AM

960 posts, read 2,736,201 times
Stay over on Sunday. Look it up for open houses commonly available on Sunday afternoons. You won't have a lot of time though because most realtors keep it open for about 2 hours and move on. So, you are not going to be driving across town to find open houses when then close ( hopefully) or locked-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston