U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 PM

148 posts, read 377,027 times

Advertisements

Can any one recommend a good toyota or chevy dealership in the Houston area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 02:04 PM

2,031 posts, read 4,135,511 times
Used I guess?
CarMax

Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM

10,090 posts, read 41,058,014 times
If your buying new...stay away from LandMark Cheverolet. Took 5 hours to pick up a new car with them last year! Salesmen are the worst and the service dept is worse yet. (I only bought from them because they were the only ones in the state who had the car I was looking for.) But...they will fill out the customer satisfaction form for you and ask you to sign it! Giving themselves all "excellents". They even offer a $50 WalMart card should you let them fill it out!!!!!!!!! They weren't real pleased when I filled it out on my own.
There's a Chevy dealership on BayArea Blvd in ClearLake, that I ended up taking the car to for service who did a great job, but I can't remember the name...sorry I've since sold the car. Can't help you on Toyota.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 PM

148 posts, read 377,027 times
How is Munday Chevrolet?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM

10,090 posts, read 41,058,014 times
Sorry...I haven't had any experience with them.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM

175 posts, read 910,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Can any one recommend a good toyota or chevy dealership in the Houston area?
I did some serious car shopping in the last 6 months and I found Lone Star Chevrolet on the Northwest Freeway to have excellent inventory and good prices. It is owned by a woman, but can't remember her name right now. The BEST sales consultant is Al Niemi. Al has 30+ years in the business, knows those cars inside and out, and he is a gentlemen.

Mike Calvert Toyota across the freeway from Reliant Stadium. Also, has plenty of inventory.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:33 PM

8,307 posts, read 37,753,162 times
Don't go to any member of the Gillman franchise. They exemplify the "car salesman" stereotype.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,404,207 times
CarBuyingTips.com new car buying guide, avoiding dealer scams, new cars, used car buying

Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 PM

569 posts, read 1,002,148 times
I have a friend who buys his Chevys from Mac Haik Chevrolet off the Katy Frwy (I think it's near Kirkwood/Dairy Ashford). He has done business with them for years and has gotten every vehicle he's owned serviced there as well.

If you have a credit union, they may already have Dealer Contacts (fleet services) that may give you a discount with no haggling. Don McGill Toyota also off Katy Frwy btwn Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford has recently expanded their property. You can see their inventory online at donmcgilltoyota dot com. The service dept is very good - good folks. They have what they call a Lifetime of Ownership warranty on their services (never pay twice for a repair).

Old 06-13-2008, 09:11 AM

128 posts, read 442,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
If your buying new...stay away from LandMark Cheverolet. Took 5 hours to pick up a new car with them last year! Salesmen are the worst and the service dept is worse yet. (I only bought from them because they were the only ones in the state who had the car I was looking for.) But...they will fill out the customer satisfaction form for you and ask you to sign it! Giving themselves all "excellents". They even offer a $50 WalMart card should you let them fill it out!!!!!!!!! They weren't real pleased when I filled it out on my own.
There's a Chevy dealership on BayArea Blvd in ClearLake, that I ended up taking the car to for service who did a great job, but I can't remember the name...sorry I've since sold the car. Can't help you on Toyota.
You really can't blame the dealer for tactics like this. If they don't get a score of perfect, or near perfect, they can get slammed by the manufacturer and have incentives cut. The dealer's really stuck between a rock and a hard place on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston