Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 PM

759 posts, read 3,183,541 times

Advertisements

Both would be long drives. Goto Google Maps and map it out. I am not so sure about the school districts in those areas. again. all that info is on Houston Real Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon2 View Post
Thanks. I have had a couple of people tell me about Sienna Plantation. I also have two friends that are trying to get me to move to Fresno and Humble, TX? Would this be a bad area or considered "to far" to drive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM

17 posts, read 36,074 times
Wow [SIZE=5]Yukon2[/SIZE] . I'm still looking for work in Houston to make that move. I've started my search about two months ago, got a couple of calls from head hunters, but no luck as of yet. I assume you live outside of Texas altogether, so may i ask how did you go about finding work in Houston? I've been told it's a difficult task when living out of state.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:24 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mack View Post
In-town living (that is, in the city limits), like near the Loop itself, yields neighborhoods like Meyerland, Maplewood, Braeswood and Westbury. You're within 15 minutes of the Galleria area. However, these are older homes and $215,000 won't buy you as much house (don't expect more than three bedrooms) there as it would out in the 'burbs, but they're still solid neighborhoods.
But what you lose in square footage you gain back in increased quality of life, gas money, and wear and tear on your car.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:27 PM

26 posts, read 108,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzWilson80 View Post
Wow [SIZE=5]Yukon2[/SIZE] . I'm still looking for work in Houston to make that move. I've started my search about two months ago, got a couple of calls from head hunters, but no luck as of yet. I assume you live outside of Texas altogether, so may i ask how did you go about finding work in Houston? I've been told it's a difficult task when living out of state.
See my PM

Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,794 times
if you work at airport houston intercontinental airport were would you live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston