Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:34 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times

Advertisements

This was on national news and whether or not he's a hero, he's also the kind of man I'd like to have for a neighbor. Maybe if more of us would care, the crime rates would go down and illegals and everyone else would think twice before they go around stealing from others.

Just an FYI~I'm definitely against violence. I don't own a gun and there isn't one in my home. But that's just one's personal choice and I think the man should be commended.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:50 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
This was on national news and whether or not he's a hero, he's also the kind of man I'd like to have for a neighbor. Maybe if more of us would care, the crime rates would go down and illegals and everyone else would think twice before they go around stealing from others.

Just an FYI~I'm definitely against violence. I don't own a gun and there isn't one in my home. But that's just one's personal choice and I think the man should be commended.

Oh'please What you have is a redneck who shot two people in the back(cold blooded murder) and got off by a grand jury full of red necks plain and simple.
Case are based on previous cases, I'm sure law makers are working around the clock to make revisions to that law and cover their a$$es . That's what some people mean by this ruling will set a precedent. We'll see what happens when this happens again and the shooter says "OMG I thought they were stealing, then they tried to run so I shot!"

Never mind the 911 lady TOLD him to stay in the house and let the Police handle it.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Oh'please What you have is a redneck who shot two people in the back(cold blooded murder) and got off by a grand jury full of red necks plain and simple.
Case are based on previous cases, I'm sure law makers are working around the clock to make revisions to that law and cover their a$$es . That's what some people mean by this ruling will set a precedent. We'll see what happens when this happens again and the shooter says "OMG I thought they were stealing, then they tried to run from so I shot!"
Why do you feel the jury was made up of "rednecks"?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Why do you feel the jury was made up of "rednecks"?
Just a wild guess, Am i wrong? like to put a small wager on it? It did consist of Pasadena residents didn't it?

Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
Quote:
Just a wild guess, Am i wrong? like to put a small wager on it? It did consist of Pasadena residents didn't it?

If that was the case, 50% of the jury would be Hispanic.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
we should dedicate the this day as JOE HORN DAY

Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
If that was the case, 50% of the jury would be Hispanic.
You can't have a criminal record and you have to be a US citizens, I would bet that 50% Hispanic pool just took a bit hit. LOL

Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1 View Post
we should dedicate the this day as JOE HORN DAY
No $hit , It's time for me to step away from this thread I'm now retired on this subject.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
rjs

60 posts, read 218,156 times
Default Life is soo cheap in TX. But a TV... Now thats valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Joe Horn, the infamous neighbor in Pasadena TX who shot two illegal immigrant burglars in the back in broad daylight last November, has been cleared by a Texas Grand Jury today.

An American hero whos name will live on. A man who stood up for what is right and took action dispite the woosy Dispatcher's instructions to lay down and hide.

Joe Horn cleared by grand jury in Pasadena shootings | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

Finally we can chaulk one up for the good guys.

Justice has been done. YEA !!!!!!!!

Yep, Yehah, bang-bang, lets go to the saloon and have us a whisky. What 18th century MERCILESS mentality. THis Coward watched a non-occupied home bugularly take place yet decided to MURDER these UNARMED men in cold blood As they were running away from him. This man is a MURDERING COWARD.

Anyone that thinks this is acceptable is just as dangerous and unstable as JOE HORN who Willfully, cowardly murdered in cold blood.

For what.?? someone else's property.

This is far from over, highly probable Rangers will take it over filing State level charges. If not, then NO DOUBT, the F.B.I. will be arriving to Pasedena SOON.
This man commited homicide, weather you believe it was or was not justifiable and there is no way the Federal Law agencies should allow him a pass nor does he deserve one.

Either way, this mans nightmare civilly and financially are JUST BEGINNING and rightfully so.!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
Quote:
You can't have a criminal record and you have to a US citizens, I would bet the 50% Hispanic pool just took a bit hit. LOL

Pasadena is documented at ~ 50% Hispanic via the census. If you've ever done so much as gone shopping there a few times, you'll immediately see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston