Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:04 AM

222 posts, read 720,163 times

Advertisements

The Ventanas mexican restaurant across the street from Lupes is now open and I think its pretty good. Its not as laid back as Lupe's and probably better for date night. The italian restaurant is also a good date night restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,195,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold dust View Post
Has anyone ever heard of or been to this little cluster of restaurants off the frontage road where I-10 East and HW6 meet? I believe the street names are Stafford & Grisby.

Restaurants are:

Backyard Tavern - I have been in a couple of times - and really don't remember much about it
Lupe Tortillas - Good food - fun atmosphere
Pasta Lomonte's - Really good food - nice atmosphere
Roadsters Ice House - I think this is now part of Watson's - food is OK - plain atmosphere (except in the patio)
Watson's House of Ales - Mostly a bar - smells of old cigarettes. When the weather is nice, the patio (and that of Roadster's) is great - otherwise, you have to be in the stinky bar

I checked out the B4U Eat site, but just wondered if anyone here has been to any of these and what they thought of them?
My office is a block from there - so I've been there many times. The best part are the nice patios. The Ventanas has valet parking, which seems pretentious in an area of very casual restaurants, especially when they have the biggest parking lot.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 AM

205 posts, read 246,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ababe View Post
Can anyone tell me than name of the new restaurant that replaced Grisby Grill?
It is called Las Ventanas. It's been open for a couple of months, I believe.

One restaurant in that square no one has mentioned is Ginger Thai Cuisine. I go there about once a week, and their food is wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston