Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I didn't see anything about beer on that page.

Preferably real beer you can find in Europe and the white NW and NE states, not Budweiser type stuff.

To me the best tasting beer in Houston is the Fancy Lawnmower Beer. It is a world class brew.
Typically, you find (St. Arnold) beer on the shelves that is one to three weeks old.
One can visit Houston's microbrewery, Saint Arnold Brewing Company. They have public tours every Saturday at 1:00 P.M. The cost for the tour is US $5.00. No reservations are required, there is a beer tasting after each tour, and all paid attendees receive a souvenir tasting glass. Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Yeah man, what's with the hyphenated stuff. As far as I am concerned, the only real Americans are people born in this country to US citizens or legal residents. Dude entirely missed White Americans and Black Americans, which surprisingly are not protesting.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
The cost for the tour is US $5.00.
Good. I'm fresh out of Pesos.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:54 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Don't forget all the California Americans that seem to be moving here in droves lately.
I left California trying to get away from them. Perhaps the locals can convince them to ruin Austin instead and delay the decays of Houston and San Antonio.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:07 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
To me the best tasting beer in Houston is the Fancy Lawnmower Beer. It is a world class brew.
Typically, you find (St. Arnold) beer on the shelves that is one to three weeks old.
One can visit Houston's microbrewery, Saint Arnold Brewing Company. They have public tours every Saturday at 1:00 P.M. The cost for the tour is US $5.00. No reservations are required, there is a beer tasting after each tour, and all paid attendees receive a souvenir tasting glass. Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Hmm, to be honest I'm not particularly fond of any St. Arnolds brews. I don't know what it is, just something about each style made me think I wasted my money. However, their Elissa IPA is decent, but I can easily find some NorCal & Oregon style IPA's that are much, much better than Elissa. Oh well.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:56 PM

148 posts, read 503,731 times
Quote:
Don't forget all the California Americans that seem to be moving here in droves lately.
I've also got enough of them,
I've watched about a million movies from Hollywood, 90210, Baywatch, Jay Leno.

Not much to learn from them.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:43 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Hmm, to be honest I'm not particularly fond of any St. Arnolds brews. I don't know what it is, just something about each style made me think I wasted my money. However, their Elissa IPA is decent, but I can easily find some NorCal & Oregon style IPA's that are much, much better than Elissa. Oh well.
There is a lot of Irish ethnics(continuing on the topic) who drink beer in Houston.
Saint Arnold has its only microbrewery here in Houston (they don't sell outside of Texas to maintain the brew's freshness). The beer on the shelves are only one to three weeks old! The beer coming from out of state has to endure all kinds of temperature changes due to the transportation haul and probably has more preservatives.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,689 times
Quote:
i wouldn't really consider californian-american to be an ethnic group.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo-11 View Post
Hello,
I've heard about Houston's diversity and I was hoping you guys could tell me what are the largest ethnic communities in Houston.

Are there chinatowns, koreantowns, etc?
The largest ethnic groups in Houston are Hispanics (Mexicans, Salvadorians, Guatamalans, Puerto Ricans, & Cubans) Asians (Vietnamese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, Filipino, & East Indians) Blacks (African, Nigerian, Jamaican)

Yes, Houston has two Chinatowns, the old abandoned one on the east side of downtown & the newer suburban style Chinatown in far Southwest Houston on Bellaire which is growing like crazy. There is also a small Koreantown on Gessner & Longpoint in the Spring Branch area of West Houston.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I do know that the Columbian population is starting to explode in Houston. A very fast growing community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston