Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 30,314 times

Advertisements

Do you know if there are any plans in the works for Alvin ISD to open a high school in Shadow Creek Ranch since there are already 2 elementary schools and 1 middle school inside the subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:08 AM

6 posts, read 30,314 times
We have been in Shadow creek for over a year. It is a great place to live. My kid goes to Mary Marek (Alvin ISD). I would suggest that you buy a home zoned to alvin isd not the ones zoned to fortbend isd. I live in Morning Side subdivision inside Shadow Creek. I love it there, lots of friendly neighbors. We have block parties twice a year, at least. There are a couple of homes in here for sale - check it out. It's right off Clear Lake Loop and Reflection Point dr.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attr View Post
We have been in Shadow creek for over a year. It is a great place to live. My kid goes to Mary Marek (Alvin ISD). I would suggest that you buy a home zoned to alvin isd not the ones zoned to fortbend isd. I live in Morning Side subdivision inside Shadow Creek. I love it there, lots of friendly neighbors. We have block parties twice a year, at least. There are a couple of homes in here for sale - check it out. It's right off Clear Lake Loop and Reflection Point dr.
I agree, FB ISD should be avoided. However, the city of Pearland recently allowed out-of-district students to attend their schools, so folks living outside the Pearland ISD can now send their kids to most Pearland schools. Read more about it at this next link from the Pearland Journal (online).

Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town > Archives > Pearland Journal > News > Pearland ISD taking transfer students

Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,706 times
I am living here in SCR for more than 5 years and everything is great. Now I have 2 houses in SCR and planning to buy another one soon. I am putting all my money on SCR, lets see what happens in future.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 PM

3 posts, read 10,343 times
I would advise everyone to stay away from Shadow Creek. I recently bought a home and have 3 kids only to find out they will be going to the worst schools in Fortbend. Considering how much we paid for the house, it is such a shame that Fortbend will not build an elementary or high school and that Alvin will not let them join. Shame, shame, shame. My advise - do not buy a house here cos they will not fight for you. Who knows about other rezoning that will take place. Shame on Shadow Creek and their home owners.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:39 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,829 times
Let's be fair here: only the far western edge of SCR is zoned to FBISD. The rest is zoned to Alvin ISD, which achieved exemplary status last year.

Perhaps the 'shame' should be on you, for failing to perform due diligence on your location before purchasing.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timnwendy View Post
Let's be fair here: only the far western edge of SCR is zoned to FBISD. The rest is zoned to Alvin ISD, which achieved exemplary status last year.

Perhaps the 'shame' should be on you, for failing to perform due diligence on your location before purchasing.
LOL. Timnwendy: Note these ijits are 1 posters. Shills for some homebuilder or another. I think it's funny how they go dredge up 4-year-old threads just to browbeat something. And then, to top it off, they haven't a clue what they're talking about as you point out.

Ronnie

Old 08-17-2011, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 10,343 times
For above two posters, If you have nothing useful to contribute to a post, then please keep your thoughts to yourself. Does anyone know if FBISD plans to build a new elementary school in SCR?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John okafor View Post
For above two posters, If you have nothing useful to contribute to a post, then please keep your thoughts to yourself. Does anyone know if FBISD plans to build a new elementary school in SCR?

To answer your question, no. The newest Elementary School was opened this year in Alvin ISD. As to your comment, if you don't want to hear opinions as to the veracity of your questions, then pose them without disparaging remarks. Apparently you didn't do your homework and now you're blaming exisiting SCR residents for the fact that you bought a home that's in FBISD? How the hell is that MY problem? I don't even HAVE kids that attend school, so I'm subsidizing YOU and YOUR kids with the taxes I pay without representation.

Just wondering...

Ronnie

Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 AM

51 posts, read 98,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John okafor View Post
John,
You may get more info by joining/posting to this Yahoo Group. A City Council rep posts on here regularly.

shadowcreek_ranch_homes : ShadowCreek Ranch Homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston