Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:40 PM

44 posts, read 157,171 times

Advertisements

Folks,

People said bad things about Entouch (entouch system questions). Is Entouch really horrible in Cinco Ranch? I couldn't find U-verse in Cinco II. Our builder gave us a scary Entouch brochure. Is there any other choice ( cable/phone/TV/Internet) available in Cinco II?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 10:10 AM

1,288 posts, read 4,937,568 times
Hmm, after reading that Entouch thread I sure hope we can get the Comcast triple package at our new house in Cinco. We're living in an apartment in Cinco Ranch for the moment and have the Comcast triple package and so far it's fine. We had Comcast cable back in Philly but switched to Dish Network when Comcast wouldn't run the Big10 channel. Now they do, thank GOD! I think we would both die if we could never watch Penn State football

Old 08-03-2008, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
Folks,

People said bad things about Entouch ([URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/309144-entouch-system-questions.html[/URL]). Is Entouch really horrible in Cinco Ranch? I couldn't find U-verse in Cinco II. Our builder gave us a scary Entouch brochure. Is there any other choice ( cable/phone/TV/Internet) available in Cinco II?

Thanks
SAVE YOURSELF THE PAIN!

DO NOT GET ENTOUCH!

WE HAVE IT RIGHT NOW AND THE INTERNET ALWAYS LOSES CONNECTION, ALONG WITH THE PHONE AND TV!!!!

-Heather

Old 08-03-2008, 05:32 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
Well, I am going to try ENTOUCH out for 30 days in Telfair! the rep told me they did have a lot of issues in 2007 due to the fact they they were in the middle of upgrading everything to digital and it did not go so smoothly. I just wanted to try someone else other than ComCrap. ******* BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP you Time Warner for leaving our City...I hope the executives, directors and everyone that sold us out to ComCrap Rot In HELL.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:52 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,566 times
I moved to Cinco SW two months ago and am signed up with Entouch. They do my phone line, TV, and internet. I am VERY satisfied with their service.

The only problem I've had is the guide not coming up one day, but after about 2 minutes on hold a tech was on the phone, remotely rebooted my box, and it was fixed. No problems whatsoever with their service since.

I am paying about $20 less than I would otherwise pay with ComCrap for the same services.

I will never do business with ComCrap ever again. I had to cancel my service at my former residence and I gave them a forwarding address. I never got a single letter from them and they stopped sending me email bill alerts. They even locked out my login to their site. About a month later I get a call from a collection agency regarding a cable modem and the final bill. One month and they send to collection after 8 years of loyal subscription and on-time payments. That little stunt lost them a customer for life. I will not be treated like a deadbeat by those morons.

Not sure what 'heatherleslies' troubles are, but my internet connection is flawless and I routinely clock 10 Mbps (very fast). It runs smooth as glass. I have to disagree with her post and say 'save yourself the pain', and the money, and go with Entouch. You get a live human TECH on the phone within 2 minutes, not a high-school drop out switchboard operator clown like ComCrap gives you.

And no, I do not work for En-touch but with the excellent service they provide and the horrible way ComCrap treated me I STRONGLY recommend them. I am happy that there is finally decent competition and choice in TV and broadband. Fiber optic kicks cable's butt hands down.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 12,997 times
Default More Fun with Entouch....

Entouch is bad. We are constantly loosing phone, internet, and TV. DVR software screws up recording 1 out of every 3 shows (stops in mid record or skips 10 to 20 min of middle of show). TV signal drops our more during bad weather than our previous Direct TV satelite service. Other neighbors in area are having the same problems.

Service is with worst of all. A call about lost service went unanswered up to a week. They claim it was because we would not answer the return call to our entouch phone line to schedule the service tech. duhhhhhhh..........

Wish we could get AT&T...........

Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 AM

759 posts, read 3,184,588 times
If you are having issues, maybe try calling the Area sales rep. Honestly, i have it and most of my neighbors have it. We have no issues.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,697 times
Thumbs up En-Touch Services in Cinco Southwest

When we moved into the house in Dec. 2009, we used En-Touch for cable, internet, phone and security.
The technicians that came out to install and get everything up and running were absolutely fantastic! They explained everything, thoroughly.
There were a couple of times soon after that we either had a question about one of the services or a problem and with En-Touch you actually get a "HUMAN" on the other end of the line, who is willing to listen and take care of your problem either immediately or within a day or two.
And they will make appointments at your convenience.

We found out that they also are an electric provider and because of their customer service, we decided to make them our electric provider.
When I called to get the electric set-up, En-Touch took care of everything with the transferring from my previous provider, I didn't have to do anything else!

We are very happy with En-Touch and have no desire to switch to another company.
We receive advertisements all the time for lower rates, but because of their customer service, we will not be changing.
To me customer service means alot these days!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culby View Post
When we moved into the house in Dec. 2009, we used En-Touch for cable, internet, phone and security.
The technicians that came out to install and get everything up and running were absolutely fantastic! They explained everything, thoroughly.
There were a couple of times soon after that we either had a question about one of the services or a problem and with En-Touch you actually get a "HUMAN" on the other end of the line, who is willing to listen and take care of your problem either immediately or within a day or two.
And they will make appointments at your convenience.

We found out that they also are an electric provider and because of their customer service, we decided to make them our electric provider.
When I called to get the electric set-up, En-Touch took care of everything with the transferring from my previous provider, I didn't have to do anything else!

We are very happy with En-Touch and have no desire to switch to another company.
We receive advertisements all the time for lower rates, but because of their customer service, we will not be changing.
To me customer service means alot these days!
Are you seriously bumping a 2 year old thread?
Anyways, we got out of our En-Touch deal earlier this year and have not looked back since.
The cable TV service they offer is crap.
Internet service is okay.
I can't speak for the phone or alarm service, because we never used it.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM

95 posts, read 322,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Are you seriously bumping a 2 year old thread?
Anyways, we got out of our En-Touch deal earlier this year and have not looked back since.
The cable TV service they offer is crap.
Internet service is okay.
I can't speak for the phone or alarm service, because we never used it.
We had En-Touch when we first moved out to Coles 11 years ago but had been with Comcast for the past 4 years or so. Comcast was MUCH superior to En-Touch in regards internet speeds and quality. The cable TV was about a wash.

With that being said and after way too much research, we just switched to DIRECTV from Comcast Cable. Comcast was unwilling to lower my rate, so we were able to save hundreds of dollars with DIRECTV over the next couple of years with much superior technology with DIRECTV. (Bigger DVR, any-room viewing, iPhone / Android apps to program TV shows, etc.)

We are sticking with Comcast Internet for now even though they are jacking up my rate $15/mo since I am no longer a cable tv subscriber. My only other option there would be going back to En-Touch.

I actually blogged about my findings earlier this month comparing Comcast, DIRECTV, DISH, and En-Touch. LINK (http://cyfairrealestate.com/2010/09/the-great-debate-comcast-vs-directv-vs-dish-network-vs-entouch/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston