U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
 
3 posts, read 52,205 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Me and my wife are looking to build our own home in the city of Cypress, Texas. I can not for the life of me though find the City Hall... does Cypress have one? I am trying to find out if the city needs permits / inspections while building the home. Thanks for any advice! Kev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
 
128 posts, read 318,039 times
Reputation: 33
I don't think there is one. I think Cypress is an unincorporated area within Harris County. So no mayor or city hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
 
3 posts, read 52,205 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTex View Post
I don't think there is one. I think Cypress is an unincorporated area within Harris County. So no mayor or city hall.
If this is true... SWEET! Well... until I get our house built anyway. hehe

Last edited by themoon11; 08-13-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
 
Location: U.S.A.
283 posts, read 891,118 times
Reputation: 150
Default Here's nearest Harris County Courthouse (annex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoon11 View Post
Me and my wife are looking to build our own home in the city of Cypress, Texas. I can not for the life of me though find the City Hall... does Cypress have one? I am trying to find out if the city needs permits / inspections while building the home. Thanks for any advice! Kev
Harris County Courthouse (Annex), Cypress
6831 Cypresswood Dr
281-376-5512‎
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 AM
 
3 posts, read 52,205 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
Harris County Courthouse (Annex), Cypress
6831 Cypresswood Dr
281-376-5512‎
Thank you Eastender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
 
166 posts, read 265,930 times
Reputation: 23
cypress question
Looking at many areas I have never seen so many homes in one for RENT
check these out http://www.vast.com/rentals/home/location-Cypress--TX/range-city

Also are any of these out of the loop or places to make friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Status: "We need to talk" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Houston
5,624 posts, read 7,608,582 times
Reputation: 3922
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyL View Post
cypress question
Looking at many areas I have never seen so many homes in one for RENT
check these out http://www.vast.com/rentals/home/location-Cypress--TX/range-city

Also are any of these out of the loop or places to make friends?
I grew up in Cypress. There are many well established communities there like Fairfield and Copperfield. I grew up in Copperfield, but I also had friends that lived in Fairfield so I went there often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 01:49 PM
 
1 posts, read 15,024 times
Reputation: 10
Hmm... excuse me, but the Fairfield and Copperfield are communities of the city of Houston, not Cypress. The city limits of Cypress are after the rd Barker Cypress to be more technical and precise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 02:27 PM
 
1,127 posts, read 1,829,894 times
Reputation: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymatt27 View Post
Hmm... excuse me, but the Fairfield and Copperfield are communities of the city of Houston, not Cypress. The city limits of Cypress are after the rd Barker Cypress to be more technical and precise.
^You need to try harder if your intention is to be "more technical and precise".

Fairfield does not fall within the city limits of Houston. It's in unincorporated Harris County and has a Cypress mailing address ( 77433 ). There are no "city limits" for Cypress.

To the OP's original question, if you intend to build in the "Cypress area", you will indeed need to obtain a Harris county building permit. You will also need to provide your foundation, cover-up, and final inspection to the county.They have placed the new requirements on their website for clarification. Now that the TRCC has been eliminated, there are a number of additional requirements that have been implemented regarding new home construction in the unincorporated areas of Harris county.

Last edited by RCH99; 12-26-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,427 posts, read 29,987,000 times
Reputation: 9661
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
^You need to try harder if your intention is to be "more technical and precise".

Fairfield does not fall within the city limits of Houston. It's in unincorporated Harris County and has a Cypress mailing address ( 77433 ). There are no "city limits" for Cypress.

To the OP's original question, if you intend to build in the "Cypress area", you will indeed need to obtain a Harris county building permit. You will also need to provide your foundation, cover-up, and final inspection to the county.They have placed the new requirements on their website for clarification. Now that the TRCC has been eliminated, there are a number of additional requirements that have been implemented regarding new home construction in the unincorporated areas of Harris county.
We are answering antique posts here but may I also add that before anyone wants to build or live up in Cypress they should first make a grand tour of 290 at any time of day, especially rush hour. By rush I mean put the car in park and daydream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top