Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,481 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I Grew up in NW Indiana, Michigan City/Laporte area up until 14 years ago, My dad moved us down here to Houston because of job related issues And i just got back from a trip to NW Indy, I have not been there for about 4 years and in those 4 years nothing changed.. Im gone for 1 Week and there is at least 5 new stores that opened in my area. Now i have a question, My family up there is complaining about the lack of jobs up there and im trying to convince them to move down here but so far no luck, any ideas on how to convince them to move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 AM

958 posts, read 2,573,626 times
Perhaps you can assist them in looking for jobs by showing what is available that they can interview for.

Then comes to another comment, how they complain about the lack of jobs in their area.

People who complain and do nothing about their lives to improve their own situation, are not likely to improve their own situation.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,481 times
That is true, i noticed that the people up there have a different mindset, like they think that all they can do is only one thing while people down here want to learn as much as possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston