U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:48 PM

1,424 posts, read 129,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused
The upper middle class, while they can splurge far more than the "working class," still has to make choices, look at the price tag. Upper class doesn't have to make a choice. They like it they buy it.
I never buy clothes for full price unless I really need it. I usually buy whats on sale-- considering most of my clothes shopping is done online. Also, I don't consider someone "Rich" if they have less than $20 million dollars whether it be diversified in investments or in their banks. I too try to stay away from walmart as often as possible. Target FTW.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-05-2008, 06:37 AM

7,594 posts, read 16,359,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
That Wal-Mart off 610 near Meyerland is a (poopy)hole.

You saw that in the fitting room, too? It's not even a Super Wal-mart, not that it would make it any better...

We still deal with it for probably 60% of our food, and to bask in all the radiant diversity of Clear Lake. Having the patience of a saint tends to help. Lately I've been stocking up on refinery jeans from there. Can't beat a pair of $10 Rustlers.

Super Target is a lot nicer but if I go there, I might as well throw away my money at Randalls. They cost about the same overall, but at least at Randalls boyz like me can cruise for fixed-up, wined-up cougars. "Upper Class."

Unread 09-05-2008, 06:59 AM

8,310 posts, read 18,888,136 times
Quote:
I hate that Wal-Mart. I wish it was a Home Depot.

Unread 09-05-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
You saw that in the fitting room, too? It's not even a Super Wal-mart, not that it would make it any better...

We still deal with it for probably 60% of our food, and to bask in all the radiant diversity of Clear Lake. Having the patience of a saint tends to help. Lately I've been stocking up on refinery jeans from there. Can't beat a pair of $10 Rustlers.

Super Target is a lot nicer but if I go there, I might as well throw away my money at Randalls. They cost about the same overall, but at least at Randalls boyz like me can cruise for fixed-up, wined-up cougars. "Upper Class."
I hate that Randalls. I wish it was a Whole Foods.

Unread 09-05-2008, 07:05 AM

7,594 posts, read 16,359,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I hate that Wal-Mart. I wish it was a Home Depot.

Home Depot is just a few miles up 610 from there.

Though the Whole Foods idea sounds good for Clear Lake. Plenty of people here would jump on that fad in a heartbeat.

Unread 09-05-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Home Depot is just a few miles up 610 from there.

Though the Whole Foods idea sounds good for Clear Lake. Plenty of people here would jump on that fad in a heartbeat.
Actually, the closest Home Depot is about 1.5 miles SW on W. Belfort, but I would rather drive the extra distance to attend the Pin Oak Home Depot. As often as not I find myself at the Beechnut Lowes, though.

Unread 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM

4,085 posts, read 7,902,567 times
Quote:
Yeah, that one sucks. We went to the one on I-45 & West Road. It's a Super Walmart, I think. I don't think the one in Pearland off 288 is as bad as those two, but I haven't been in a couple of years, so I don't really remember.

Unread 09-05-2008, 07:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,506,244 times
I used to the the Walmart in Humble was the worst one until I visited the one it Atascocita.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston