U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:05 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,470,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirtbrethren View Post
When a private investigator parked in front of my house, I asked him kindly to move, because we were having a huge birthday party and he was taking up space with his big ass truck. He refused. So I placed a big cardboard sign on my front lawn that said: PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR PARKING ONLY. Lo and behold, he moved!!
pretty smart indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 05:37 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,890,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I agree, once you live on a cul-de-sac, you'll never do it again. The parking situations, the noise, the nosieness.

Orange Cones and sprinklers work best.
We have lived on two culd de sacs and never has this ever been an issue. We would prefer a culd de sac location.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
how come we can have gated communities if the streets are public property? I think if you have a valid reason to park infront of other people's house you should be the one give them a heads up
I used to be on the HOA board in my former neighborhood, and the answer to this is that once a community is gated, the streets are no longer public streets. They become the HOA's responsibility to maintain and police, and your HOA dues will increase drastically because they have to cover the street maintenance that the city would have done if they were not gated.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:32 PM

610 posts, read 1,100,188 times
My parents neighbor called the cops one time when my brothers friends parked their cars in front of my parents house and theirs. This was one of the rare times cars were parked in front of their house.

When the cops finally came, they said you guys are doing nothing wrong and they left. So the cars stayed where they were. You forget the neighborhood street is PUBLIC property not YOUR property. HOA in this case cannot enforce because it was not a gated community.

End of story.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,612,492 times
Unless there are city posted "No parking" signs, I do believe it is legal to Park on our City Streets, we all pay for. You can park in front of my house if ya like. It's not My street. I just have the use of it, and so do you. that goes for the sidewalk also. It's not mine, I just keep it clean for my Neighbors and myself to use. My yard however is mine, and wish someone would come mow it for me.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:04 PM

38 posts, read 58,916 times
It's true that anyone can park on a street in front of your home. However, I think what causes problems is when the cars that are parked run over into your grass, sometimes breaking sprinkler heads. This happened to us a couple of times and we would go next door, tell the person they parked on our sod and broke our sprinkler head and would need to pay to have it repaired. After two incidents, people still occasionally parked in front of our home but they were careful not to ruin our lawn or sprinklers. Maybe this will work for you?

Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,612,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga gal in tx now View Post
It's true that anyone can park on a street in front of your home. However, I think what causes problems is when the cars that are parked run over into your grass, sometimes breaking sprinkler heads. This happened to us a couple of times and we would go next door, tell the person they parked on our sod and broke our sprinkler head and would need to pay to have it repaired. After two incidents, people still occasionally parked in front of our home but they were careful not to ruin our lawn or sprinklers. Maybe this will work for you?
No question that folks should park in a safe and prudent manner. They would be liable for any damage they may do. I try to never park in front of a persons Home or business, unless I'm actually going in. We have had a big Motor home parked on the street two blocks down, for almost a month now. the City has just now gotten around to issuing citations.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 PM

432 posts, read 1,089,522 times
I had a neighbor who for some reason did this as well. Plus he had plenty of space in his driveway. I let it go for a little while and then I got tired of it. I started putting my trash in the back of his truck. After I did that a couple times, I never saw him parking there again.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:48 PM

8 posts, read 8,614 times
these people park in front of my yard, but that part of my yard is the counties property and I don't have hoa and they do know I have a problem with them doing that, what to do?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:54 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,400,140 times
The street in front of your house is not your property. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston