U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 5,681,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's exactly what I'm NOT talking about. Those are ugly and you wouldn't catch me wearing them.

Something like these are what I wear. These are roll out top boots. Can easily look like a tennis shoe. But they are boots.
I've seen those. thats definitely still in the same line as the Burlington Coat factory look of oversized t shirts, pants, and cowhide work boots, but definitely a move forward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,249 times
I go to the Galleria quite alot and I am of Hispanic descent. I'm not the flashy type but I like nice things. (bc they last longer, etc) So I often go to Saks Fifth Ave. and such places like that and sure, I get a couple of glares. I'm sure many of them think I've wondered off to the wrong place, but it is what it is. My Parents are both professionals and have PhD's., so I can afford it. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that you can't judge people by appearances.

Just because someone comes from a low-income background doesn't mean they can't enjoy the Galleria too. This is their city after all, so let them do what they want and try not to be so quick to make assumptions. I mean, as long as they're not bothering anyone. And btw, Quincenerias start around noon, only the reception is at night. See...the more you know

Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 PM

332 posts, read 305,033 times
That is right STEFCAB. I was just about to answer that from someone on this thread that said about the dress on the girl. Usually the said girl, her group of female 'maids of honor' for the lack of better word and her group of 'best mens' go to that waterfall fountain for professional portraits. Then they kill time since the reception is a couple of hours later by going to the Galleria. But i do hate the Zoot suit look for the 'best mens'. Its awful and tacky. I prefer when they dress in ultra modern suits or military type suit. Nice and Clean.

On another note, I have never felt 'scared' when parking my car underground, and I always park underground during the evenings, noons, weekdays and weekends. But then again, I am Hispanic and I guess no one messes with me or something.

When you see those 'thuggy' type of people in Neiman it is only because that is one of the ways to enter the mall through.

It so funny when someone stereotyped Hispanics that frequent there as thuggy when a good chunck of patrons to the entire mall are Mexican Nationals that are well off!!!!! I know I know, you wouldn't know since they are usually mistaken by white since many are fair skinned with colored eyes. Mostly green but some are darker skinned.

One word of thought though is the whole Ghetto-ness. They have opened alot of stores that attract them. Wet Seal, Coach, Bebe, McDonalds, etc.
*HINT* Dont have those, will fix the 'problem' to a good degree. I do dress like the thuggy type sometimes and sometimes i dont when i go there. I am not very well educated but I do have a good job that pays pretty good. I do not stare down on people nor do i get in people's way. If a 'collision' is about to occur I usually say " I'm sorry" and smile or a more casual and quieter "Excuse me" and smile. WOW WHAT A BIGOT KILL!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:40 PM

1,290 posts, read 3,430,859 times
Thread from the dead.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM

3,093 posts, read 5,755,240 times
One has to wonder what words were googled/searched to come up with this old (& somewhat hilarious) thread.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 AM

10,197 posts, read 10,308,032 times
Whoever created this thread should be ashamed.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 AM

10,197 posts, read 10,308,032 times
How can a large upscale mall be going ghetto, especially is it's the ONLY true upscale mall in Houston?

Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
Actually it has become GHETTO! Galleria Mall Security have been going around on their Segway's telling these punks to pull up their pants now or leave the mall. They are trying to get back to the classy ways.... Thanks Bill White, So happy you did not get elected! Right after katrina, many thugs were in the parking lot of the Galleria surrounding their cars blaring music with the trunk popped!

Did you know Sharpstown use to be where the rich people lived back in the 80's-90s.... What do you think happened????? Whoever created this thread should win an award for stating the facts Mr. A&M Bulldawg! Wait your an Aggie, case closed! No words needed!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 AM

8,908 posts, read 15,146,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fineuh4u View Post
Actually it has become GHETTO! Galleria Mall Security have been going around on their Segway's telling these punks to pull up their pants now or leave the mall. They are trying to get back to the classy ways.... Thanks Bill White, So happy you did not get elected! Right after katrina, many thugs were in the parking lot of the Galleria surrounding their cars blaring music with the trunk popped!

Did you know Sharpstown use to be where the rich people lived back in the 80's-90s.... What do you think happened????? Whoever created this thread should win an award for stating the facts Mr. A&M Bulldawg! Wait your an Aggie, case closed! No words needed!!!

Sharpstown was a nice middle class neighborhood. It's never been where "rich" people lived. Where did you pull that from?

Also, it was already in a major slide in the 80's, by the 90's it's reputation was trashed by the apartment residents.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 11-03-2010 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM

7,712 posts, read 17,929,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
How can a large upscale mall be going ghetto, especially is it's the ONLY true upscale mall in Houston?
Malls will always attract a ghetto crowd. The more upscale the mall, the more ghetto the crowd can be.

A few Saturday nights ago I was at Dillards across the street from the main mall, trying on different Levis. Next thing you know, a hood rat turned a trick next door to me. When I escaped from there, it appeared to be some sort of crackhead family operation with an oddball wearing a mismatched suit. Wife was wondering WTF was going on and they immediately fled the store.

Next, walked across the street into the mall and it was the usual mall crowd. --Plenty of people legally loitering, dressed in trendy designer clothes trying to chase some tail. Status quo for any mall, harmless aside from creating an uncomfortable crowd.

We have the same thing at Baybrook-- People who live 6-8 miles away already destroyed the lucrative businesses in their area so they hit the nicest mall near them to do it all over again.

Unfortunately men's clothes is now "vanity sized" on the waist, so you have to try before you buy. Good idea to shower immediately afterwards, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston