U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 AM

258 posts, read 651,411 times
Default Thugs

Who knows if they are thugs or not.With 50% HISD drop out rate I would just say I would not want to get caught in the dark and looked like I was packing lots of green.Get used to it boys and girls when the government gravy train thats keeps them afloat expires, and it looks like that is at hand, the wolves will feast on the lambs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:12 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,204,996 times
Please its the Galleria, what did you expect. All types of people go 2 the galleria, its a symbol of Houston and expect kids, grown folks, foreigners, to be there DEAL WITH IT! I enjoy the fox sports grill though for great Texans and Cowboy games.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:41 AM

8,874 posts, read 14,904,801 times
It's not just at the Galleria. There're gang posers all over The Woodlands mall as well. It's a culture of being seen and being seen as threatening. What better place to go than to a mall to shock and scare rich, white women?

But if you notice, they are in the MALL, not Niemans, Saks or Nordstrom.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 AM

3,035 posts, read 4,596,354 times
I wouldnt say that the Galleria is going "ghetto", its the youth of America (Under 25), going ghetto!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:19 AM

33 posts, read 78,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
It's a culture of being seen and being seen as threatening.
That is why they are loud and highly visible. They (the gansta's) act like that all over the country.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:35 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,204,996 times
Kids dont have anything else to do, adults dont want to teach, mentor, or help the children out so they do what they want to do. Plus if a kid is making his own money and buying his or her own clothes who are you to judge them. "Gangsta" you people are funny, really hillarious When this city has a young population what do you expect.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:36 AM

7,648 posts, read 8,507,133 times
WE used to hang out at the galleria waaaaaaayyyyy back in the early to mid 70's ..... when i was old enough to experience a little freedom from the parental units but not yet old enough to drive...... and when i think about the fashions we wore in that hideous time, i just shudder..... and not being old enough to have our first jobs yet, we had VERY little, if any, money to spend.

i really don't think that teens and young adults hanging out at the mall is ANYthing new..... other than how fashions have changed..... and i think that it is something that is here to stay.....

Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM

8,874 posts, read 14,904,801 times
I was a really threathening Preppie in the 80s/90s.

I remember when Grunge phased out prepsters, and " I was like, O- M- G!! I so totally can't do THAT."

Old 09-30-2008, 11:47 AM

3,035 posts, read 4,596,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I was a really threathening Preppie in the 80s/90s.

I remember when Grunge phased out prepsters, and " I was like, O- M- G!! I so totally can't do THAT."
Well EA i was also one of "those" preppies back then, except for my goth faze in 89, but at least we looked good. Some of the TRASH these kids now days wear just boggles my mind. Guys wearing pants that hang down to their knees exposing their a**, and girls look like street walkers. When are the designers gonna wake up and realize how ridiculous the product they are pushing looks ridiculous?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 AM

1,286 posts, read 3,254,635 times
Hehe I was totally schizophrenic back in the 80's/90's...preppie at heart (I went to a private school with strict dress code) but after one trip to Europe and discovering alternative and grunge music I broke out the flannel shirts and Doc Martins.

I have to say the girls' clothes bother me a whole lot more than the guys clothes...they do look like hookers...and I blame the designers as much as anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston