Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 AM

7 posts, read 52,909 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from Jacksonville, FL to Houston, TX in April 2007. I know nothing about the area. And, since my company arranges everything, I will not see the city or my housing until I arrive..

I will start conducting phone interviews this week!

I need help to avoid the inner city/ county hospital. I prefer to work in a smaller but newer hospital facility... in an upper middle class area. Please help! I will receive corporate housing and will decide where to move once I decide where to work. THANKS!!!!

Last edited by New-2-Houston; 02-19-2007 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: m
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 PM

17 posts, read 73,436 times
There are alot of nice hospital systems I have seen, I'm going to be looking soon as well (for healthcare employment) and I see that Baylor and Hermann are both top notch - haven't really seen for myself yet though.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 PM

12 posts, read 70,900 times
Fairfield off of hwy 290 & Mason Rd. They just opened a new hospital off of hwy 290 and are planning another one in '08 (I think). Cy-Fair / Cypress are has several hospitals close by all within 15-20 minute drive time. Fairfield is a very quiet, peaceful neighborhood. Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 02-24-2007 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Advertising

Old 02-25-2007, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 5,790 times
Hi there!

I am also a nurse who will be relocating to Houston area (although it will be June or July before I move). I previously posted on here asking for apartment suggestions, but no one responded. I hope you have better luck.

May I ask about your travel experience? Like which agency, etc.... I am seriously considering taking that approach when I make this move. I would appreciate any advice you could offer. =)

Thanks,
Tammy

Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,886 times
If you're looking for smaller suburban type hospitals, try Sugar Land Methodist hospital, located in Sugar Land, TX (houston suburb). You will love this area. Have your travel company find the upscale apartments in this area.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM

7 posts, read 52,909 times
I am working with three different traveling nurse companies. The first one works with HCA facilities and is trying to pretty much force low paying jobs on me ($27-30 hr) . I told the recruiter numberous times that I wont travel for less than $30. The second company, www.healthcareseeker.com, has higher rates but I just started the process with them today. So far, that recruiter there has been very nice. I will keep you posted.

Pending Interviews: Park Plaza and Houston NW both are paying the same.

If anyone knows anything about either of these hospitals, let me know. Thanks!

N2H

Old 03-04-2007, 04:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-2-Houston View Post
I am working with three different traveling nurse companies. The first one works with HCA facilities and is trying to pretty much force low paying jobs on me ($27-30 hr) . I told the recruiter numberous times that I wont travel for less than $30. The second company, www.healthcareseeker.com, has higher rates but I just started the process with them today. So far, that recruiter there has been very nice. I will keep you posted.

Pending Interviews: Park Plaza and Houston NW both are paying the same.

If anyone knows anything about either of these hospitals, let me know. Thanks!

N2H
What area of nursing are you in?....I can probably help you.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:03 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
try Sugarland Texas..near Houston...very upscale. by the way i am an ER RN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston