U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 PM

395 posts, read 904,237 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: orphaned comment ref

He is an ignorant hillbilly and an embarrassment to us all. He should crawl away under some slimly hole somewhere.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-13-2008 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: orphaned - comment referred to has been removed

Old 11-13-2008, 06:44 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,216,480 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned comment ref

He is an ignorant hillbilly and an embarrassment to us all. He should crawl away under some slimly hole somewhere.
Please elaborate... I've never heard Michael Berry ever come across as an "ignorant hillbilly".

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-13-2008 at 11:17 PM..

Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 PM

14,415 posts, read 26,238,279 times
I really don't mind Michael Berry, inasmuch as I actually listen to KTRH anymore. I haven't really since Ike. That was when I was listening to "Waaah! I've been sitting in my structurally sound house without power for three days! I hope those people holed up in the San Luis in Galveston feel sorry for me!"

Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 PM

8,231 posts, read 27,122,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Did he really say that? What an idiot....
Yes, as a matter of fact he said it last night. There was a Houston caller at that time. Savage asks why are these evacuees still here... do they like it that much? And the caller said something to the effect of "because there's a lot of cheap labor here."

The whole bit made absolutely NO sense at all. Are there pod-casts of his show? It came on as I was driving yesterday evening at about 6:30pm.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:35 AM

584 posts, read 963,838 times
Savage has serious anger management issues, and he is all over the place a lot....I think he is more entertaining than the other talking heads on the right and I listen to him for the entertainment value, not for his political statements and encourgaments to his listeners..

I wonder how Michael Berry got his job and became a "VP" at Clear Channel. Must be those connections he had from his city hall days as a councilman. I think he is a lil better than the loser he replaced, aka, fired, that a-clown Chris Baker, but he rattles of at the mouth a whole bunch too, especially to issues that cater to him.....

and, Berry and Savage are on at the same time...I normally flip to each of them when the other is on commericial breaks..

Old 11-16-2008, 04:31 PM

410 posts, read 1,495,656 times
Berry is probably friends with Michael McCaul (US Congress-person)or his inlaws. McCaul's father in law is Chairman of the Board of Clear Channel.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 AM

759 posts, read 2,890,044 times
Well Michael and I have some friends in the same circle, So I do like listening to him and share his views on many topics. however, he needs to get a different time slot. I can't listen to him and savage at the same time...and there is no way he bump my daily dose of savage.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,303 times
My goodness, I think I might be posting this where only the the left can see. Michael Berry for Htown Mayor dog-gone-it! As for the radio show, it is a great catalyst for encouraging folks to use their minds for a change and find out WHY. For those that actually have listened to Michael's program more than once- they know that you have to research it yourself and not be a part of the "sheepal herd". I have been know to disagree with his points and opinions from time to time but, he usually makes very valid points and I love that he (like me) is not afraid to say it. It is about time.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,623 times
Do you remember when Chris Baker ruled before Michael Berry took the helm of the 740 am drive home? I loved Chris, and have completely stopped listening to the drive home show when he left. Also Chris introduced me to several of my favorite restaurants around Houston. Both Chris and Michael love to argue, but Chris had manners and would let his listeners call in with opposing view points....he would bait them....and get them fired up....but it only added to the debate.

I do not like the way Mr. Berry would taunt listeners to call in, and then would mute/hang up on them when he had difficulties logically arguing against their points. Also, he likes to make fun of when parents freak out when there are news announcements of any kind of drama occurring at their child's school. He tries to imply that parents are completely out of line for getting anxious when they are afraid that their child may be in harm's way. He likes to constantly point out that he was on city council, and that he has a law degree, but because he grew up in a smaller town he can not be labeled stuck-up and is in fact a good old' boy. What an oxy-moron. The few times I have listened I just did not enjoy the way he treated his listeners or the general public.

I like listening to hosts argue points, and in fact enjoy it more when they hold opposing views to mine, as it allows me to expand my perspective and see issues from their point of view. That being said, you can have an insightful argument without cutting the listener off, or belittling the listener for their views, both common habits of Mr. Berry.

I believe that Mr. Berry is very smart, and that he has had some interesting life experiences, and as a result, has a unique perspective, but I think he could work on his manners. He most definitely has some connections, but that only aids his ability to pull in experts on various subject matters to discuss issues.

The thing which I enjoyed most about the show when he took it over was his dynamic with the traffic guy or his staff like Chad. It was always nice listening to the guy's conversations and jokes on one another, because it made you (the listener) feel like they were part of a group of friends....like you were in on the joke. That appeals to me on my drive home...cause everybody likes to feel like they belong to a larger group of friends...especially when you are finally coming home from a long day at the office.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:20 AM

475 posts, read 1,448,673 times
Funny, I thought Baker was the rude one and Berry is calmer and more politically correct than Baker. (I liked Baker too, though).

Interesting how we have different perspectives on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or