U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,681,166 times

Advertisements

Sharpstown died? Really? I can't tell when around there. Seems like a very active place (single-family areas at least). The apartments suck though.

And this time worst than the last? Really? Even when our economy is not 85% tied to one industry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,595 times
I am very nervous now.... we just paid our earnest money towards the building of our house...they have just poured the slab on Friday...... Will I get my money back if we decide not to go through ?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 PM

3,587 posts, read 7,447,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayorg View Post
I am very nervous now.... we just paid our earnest money towards the building of our house...they have just poured the slab on Friday...... Will I get my money back if we decide not to go through ?
You can get earnest money back just maybe not upgrade prepays. If your goign to cancel the sooner the better as far as getting a refund.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM

10 posts, read 32,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0706772 View Post
That is the way I understand it. My question is what will happen with the rest of the land down the road with GGP in the tank. Will the land be sold off to who every comes along to put what ever they want on the land.

GGP owns a mall by me and rumor has it that 100 stores will close by summer. The mall has a little over 200 stores.
The value of a property like Bridgeland is in its concept and execution. The Bridgeland idea is more valuable than the raw land. Therefore, selling off pieces at a time would produce a less than building out the concept.

In addition, raw land is not very valuable without infrastructure (like roads, utilities, power, etc.) and it is very expensive to do this on a case by case basis.

Bridgeland will continue on as it is, regardless of owner, just at a slower pace for the foreseeable future.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:55 PM

26 posts, read 65,822 times
Highland Homes laid off 10 of its builders yesterday across Houston.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times
I don't think Bridgeland will ever be completed as promised - town square, shopping .... It was already a 25 year master planned community that couldn't even make it over several years. It is a shame they have trashed Fry Road with undeveloped ponds and dirt for months now. Glad I will not be paying future HOA dues there. Good luck selling a home there now, it would have already been tough knowing the someone could buy a brand new home for the next 20 years. Bridgeland does not compare to Cinco Ranch. It was a nice concept on paper. If you believe what the developers are telling you, I have a bridge to sell.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 PM

8,968 posts, read 8,681,166 times
Bridgeland will be completed, just longer than expected.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 AM

1,186 posts, read 4,440,886 times
Bridgeland's got a wonderful plan in a booming area and is coming along quite nicely. Beautiful community.

As for GGP, Bridgeland was NOT included in their bankruptcy filing.

From the Houston Chronicle:

General Growth’s other local shopping centers — Baybrook Mall, First Colony Mall and Willowbrook Mall — were not involved in the bankruptcy filings.

The Chicago-based real estate investment trust also owns Bridgeland, a new master-planned community in northwest Harris County, as well as a 42.5 percent stake in The Woodlands Development Co., which operates the 28,000-acre residential development north of Houston. Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund II owns the rest. Neither Bridge
land nor The Woodlands
 Development Co. were included in the bankruptcy filings.

Owner of First Colony, Woodlands malls files for Chapter 11 | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 04-17-2009, 07:57 AM

2,243 posts, read 4,791,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayorg View Post
You will not get your em back.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 6,531 times
I am sorry to disagree with Mr. Football. Look at poor Stonegate. People have lost there shirts in there. Yes I think Bridgeland will continue to be built out, but per the original plan? Doubt it. Smaller lots, less expensive homes, anything to get value out of their original land investment. Cashflow is King to developers and builders. I am looking for a new home, and I love this area (I currently live in Longwood), and I can tell you honestly... Bridgeland is off the list because of the risk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston