Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Wow I wish I could still be this cool,
Well, you're not.

Quote:
just like you guys bragging about living in the crossfire,
Or not living in the crossfire, that was certainly my point.

Never mind that at one of the recent civic club meetings the police there told us one of the fastest growing areas for gang activity is Clear Lake.*

Quote:
driving shiny $60k rides through cracktown.
Shiny? That reminds me I need to get it washed.

Quote:
The most dangerous thing here is all that patting yourselves on the backs for not yet being hurt might result in a broken arm.
No, I think the most dangerous thing here are that portion of naive suburbanites who see any area that is generally browner than they are as "scary." That segment of suburbia that seek out living in a bubble environment. Something to a certain extent they are clearly successful at accomplishing. That becomes apparent whenever they try to speak to things beyond their own little bubble world. Of course the problem with bubbles is they always burst. (see above*)

Quote:
This revived thread in General US has a lot of merit:
Crime... Why do Americans glorify it.
Actually it has no merit in relation to this discussion

Last edited by modster; 03-03-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Leave it to modster to this into a color thing (once again), what with all your realtor professionalism and all. Also no doubt you have my life story/situation and my mind's thoughts all figured out, too... along with hundreds of thousands of others for that matter. Kudos to you Miss Cleo.

If you want to know my true opinion- Bacliff or Liberty County can be much more ''scary'' than SE Houston but that's another story altogether. But I guess I can give some empathy-- if I was so lucky enough to be wasting my life out there, I'm sure I'd be giving myself mad props for such an accomplishment. I'm sure my arm would already be broken.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Leave it to modster to this into a color thing (once again), what with all your realtor professionalism and all. Also no doubt you have my life story/situation and my mind's thoughts all figured out, too... along with hundreds of thousands of others for that matter. Kudos to you Miss Cleo.

If you want to know my true opinion- Bacliff or Liberty County can be much more ''scary'' than SE Houston but that's another story altogether. But I guess I can give some empathy-- if I was so lucky enough to be wasting my life out there, I'm sure I'd be giving myself mad props for such an accomplishment. I'm sure my arm would already be broken.
There are some people that it doesn't take mind reading or Miss Cleo's crystal ball to figure out, especially when it is worn on their sleeves.

Last edited by modster; 03-03-2010 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,198 times
written english is pretty bad today. its harder to understand you ghetto people today

Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
I just said it has some merit and I meant that particular OP. I read that over there and this thread reminded me of it.

And Jluke I meant some posts in this thread are bragging and self back-patting. If it's not, then I'm not sure what it is. Some posts here have the word "I" in it almost as often as a gloating rap song.
Well if that comment was towards me than I wasn't bragging or boasting about anything. I don't have anything to boast about considering I grew up in a relative safe neighborhood outside of the Houston area.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
The most dangerous thing you'll ever do anywhere in this town is drive a car. Anywhere.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Well if that comment was towards me than I wasn't bragging or boasting about anything. I don't have anything to boast about considering I grew up in a relative safe neighborhood outside of the Houston area.
Nah, wasn't talking about you.

And Modster, I'll be glad to wear that sleeve with pride no matter what anyone thinks. One that says as long as I have the ends, I won't live in a barrio, white ghetto, transitional area, whatever you want to name it. I'll leave the neighborhood pioneering to you and your ilk.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Nah, wasn't talking about you.

I'll leave the neighborhood pioneering to you and your ilk.
Well then I guess everyone wins.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:28 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Lets be civil out there...

Old 03-03-2010, 04:56 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I love to shop around in all neighborhoods as I've found some of the best restaurants in Houston. I'll tell my brother, who lives in Sugar Land about Tequila Lopez, the cheap Specs and so forth which are between Bellfort and Westpark Tollway along Highway 6 and he will flat out admit he doesn't venture that way. He feels he is out of his element. That's just the thing. He knows he's out of his element and looks out of place. This keeps him safe.
Really? That's weird. We venture up that way several times a month (got Christmas gift cards at that Specs!) and don't really give it a second thought. We get Pollo Riko probably every other week... yum! I know people in Kelliwood and Cinco who go to West Oaks via Westheimer Pkwy on a regular basis with no problem. There is too much stereotyping of the white suburban folk on here if you ask me... (not directed at you BTW)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston